20.

I was in constant panic my whole day. I was messing up my words, mubbling during interviews. Thank god we only had five today, we found Dane's finance employees today. All the interviews were finally done. We were set for production on Monday. It was all hands on deck in Dane's wing though. With today being the last day before production, the last thing was putting Dane's wing together. Other then that it was printing mondays columns, and getting all the new hires things ready. I put Freddie, Valerie and ken's apartment tickets in, they were good to start moving in. I have them the key to their units, along with the lot card. I would have let them leave early to start moving, but we needed every hand we could. If not we wouldn't be ready for Monday. Dane had a lot things he and his employees needed, in order to get his wing functioning properly. We even had ken the runner help, we still felt a pair of hands short. Mr. Gabriel was out, getting the customer contracts signed for Monday. We could've really used his help. The time hit three thirty pm, my phone rang. I wasn't expecting a call till at least four thirty. Maya was here, and she was early.

Incoming call from m🌺
Accept or decline?

I click accept.

"Hey, I'm outside." She said.

"Okay I'll be right out, one sec." I replied.

"I'll be right back guys, I promise. I have to let someone in real quick, someone personal." I said vaguely. Zoey's mood instantly changed, as did Nolan's.

I walked down the halls, leading myself towards the front. It felt like every step closing my throat. Till I finally made my way outside. I felt arms around me. It startled me. I realized who it was, I hugged back. Her scent filling my nose. That same familiar Maya smell. Vanilla and mango. Much different to zoey's light cherry blossom and cotton candy smell. It was heavier and more in your face, zoey scent was lighter inviting.

"Hey!" She greeted.

"Hi." I returned, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"God you have no clue how much I missed this. I can't wait to get back to your place!" She exclaimed, it turned my stomach.

BEEP. BEEP.
Her phone buzzed, simulating a text. She pulled her phone out, smiling wide at it. Strange was all I thought. I tried to catch a glimpse at the name, it read secret💞. Sure as if that is very secretive, it made me angry. She is terrible at hiding.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Uh, it's um it's Charli. She's making sure I didn't kill myself driving so fast." She lied.

"Oh okay. Let's go in, I've got alot to do." I stated. She followed, and grabbed my hand.

Everything in me wanted to shake away from her, I had to play it calm. We made our way to Dane's wing. They all looked up at me, zoey and Nolan brimmed with annoyance.

"Maya this is my team. Team this is Maya. That's Dane, our finance guy. Mason, our press chief. You know Nolan, that's his assistant gianna. Freddie over there is Dane's assistant. Valerie next to Nolan, that's mason's assistant. That's ken our runner. Lastly but not least, Zoey my assistant." I introduced everyone to her.

"Hi, I hope my women isn't to hard on you all. Especially you, being her assistant." She joked, everyone laughed but not in a way that her joke was funny.