Infinity

Top: Aku
Bottom: Atsu

This is based on the most wanted top and bottom, but, depending on how much I like this and how many people enjoy it, I might write a few more... who knows. Anyway, hopefully you get what you came here for.
_____________________________________________

"Thank you all so much." I smile, slightly upset that the day is over, but even more upset with the fact that he didn't even show up.

"No need to thank us. It's your birthday. Besides, you only turn 21 once, right?" Kyouka says, giving me a side hug.

"Yeah, if only he knew that." I mumble, not realizing that a redheaded male was listening.

"Don't let him dampen your spirits, Atsushi. He'll show up soon. I promise." He winks with a subtle smile, confusing me as he walks out the door without another word.

As everyone slowly files out of the apartment, I smile and hug them, accepting their compliments and good wishes.

Once they're all gone, I begin closing the door, about to completely latch it when light taps stop me in my tracks.

I open the door again and lock eyes with a raven haired male. My raven haired male.

"Ryu? What are you doing here?" I ask, taking in his appearance quickly before meeting his eyes once again.

"I came to wish my beautiful boyfriend a happy birthday, again, and give him a few gifts." He replies a little nervously.

I nod, not understanding why he wasn't here for the party.

"Hey." He murmurs, pulling me into a hug that I gratefully return. "I love you and wouldn't forget about your birthday. I told Dazai to let you know that I was going to be giving you your gifts after everyone left."

"Your first mistake was giving that task to Dazai." I reply, making us both laugh softly.

"Yeah, you're right." He kisses my head before looking me in the eyes, his brief moment of laughter fading from his eyes. "I didn't want to give this to you in front of anybody because I want you to look only at me. I want you to realize that I will never leave you and will abide by your every wish. I want you to trust me with your heart and soul. Trust me with your thoughts and secrets. Trust me with the private and fragile parts of you. Everything nobody else is allowed to see because you're mine. I want to be with you forever. I have you now, but our relationship isn't enough for someone to keep from taking you from me. I love being your boyfriend. I love growing with you. The last 3 years have been the best years of my life. I can't imagine a life without you, and I don't want to."

My eyes start to water, but I don't know why. Is it his speech and the passion behind his words? Is it his gentle hold on my hands? Is it the shine in his eyes? Or, maybe it's the single tear sliding down his cheek.

I reach up to wipe it away, but he grabs my wrist and stops me.

"Ryu?" My eyebrows furrow when he looks away.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He whispers, his silent cries underlying his tone, screaming so loud I could hear it trying to force itself from his lungs and into the open.

But my heart doesn't break for him. It yearns for him. To comfort him and tell him that he'll never lose me. To tell him that there is nothing that could take me away from him, not even that accident that nearly claimed my life four years ago. Yeah, I'm completely healed aside from a few scars on my body, but the event still rears his ugly head and shatters Ryunosuke again and again.

Gently, I pull his head down to my neck, pressing a light kiss to his hair, allowing no words to escape my lips. They wouldn't do any good anyway, not when our love language is touch. It's always been that way.