Blind

It's been a week since I started dating the boy that went blind in an accident. Everybody claims that I am just wasting my time on someone that will never be able to see the person everyone else sees. They say that I am manipulating and forcing the boy to date me, but the truth is, he was the one who asked.

It all started a little over a year ago. I was in a small cafe, drinking coffee and staring off into space when, all of a sudden, someone layed their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and was about to tell them to leave me alone when I was met with the sight of a young grey haired boy.

He was looking at something ahead and I was about to ask if he was okay when he spoke first.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bother you." He said. His voice was soft and sweet.

"It's fine." I replied. I was a little confused as to why he wasn't looking at me when I glanced over at the woman behind the counter and she mouthed that he was blind. "Do you want me to move?" I asked him.

"No, I was actually going to ask if you if I could join you." He smiled.

"Oh, sure." I replied.

He nodded and felt his way over to the chair across from me. He pulled out the chair and took a seat as the waitress brought his drink.

I looked between the two for a moment before taking another sip of my tea. Once she left, he smiled and closed his eyes for a moment before looking down towards the table.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" He asked.

"Akutagawa." I replied.

"What about your first name? If you want to tell me that is."

I hesitated before sighing quietly. "Ryunosuke."

"I like it." He complimented. "My name is Atsushi Nakajima."

I hummed in return before he asked a few more questions. It was a little annoying sometimes, but I couldn't tell him to stop. I mean, when you thin about it, how many people actually sit down and talk to someone like him?

That was day one of our many meetings.

Now, I was beginning to have a few doubting thoughts. I know what he looks like, but he has no idea what I look like.

The furthest we have gotten in our relationship is holding hands and exchanging hugs.

I'll walk him home and wherever he wants to go during the day we have each other's number's. To this day, I still have no idea how he uses his phone but he claims he knows the basics so I left it at that.

We were currently heading back to his place after a day of walking around the park and he was his normal cheerful self.

When we arrived, he pulled his keys out if his pocket and I took them to unlock the door. When he entered, he moved his arm around to try and find me but stopped when he couldn't.

"Ryu?" He called my name, a hint of sadness and confusion in his voice.

"I'm still here." I replied.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he turned towards the direction of my voice.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Oh." He murmured. "Well, why don't we go inside and talk." He suggested as he found the wall to stabilize himself so he could take off his shoes.

I agreed and pulled my shoes off as well and followed him through his apartment and towards his living room.

We sat on the couch and he shifted his body to face me. "So, what's going on?"