Goodnight Atsushi

(No One's POV)

He just watched as a younger, shorter male rested his hands on his knees in an attempt to catch his breath. His body was tense as he stood up straight and looked around. Dazai, Chuuya, Akutagawa, and Atsushi were senton a mission to disable the third bomb that week. Ranpo was able to tell them that this was no coincidence and that there was only one person responsible for the bombs that have been planted around the city of Yakohama.

Chuuya and Dazai disappeared the moment the first blast went off, but the result told them that that was not the bomb they were looking for. It was too weak.

The black haired male was standing roughly 20 feet away from Atsushi and was watching the younger man's movements. He finally stood up straight and looked around. There were no noises, other than their breathing.

Akutagawa approached Atsushi with a hand over his mouth as a small fit of coughs escaped. "Let's go weretiger. We need to stop this guy now."

"Right." He nodded before taking off in a random direction, Akutagawa not far behind.

They checked room after room for any sign of the culprit. All of a sudden, Atsushi stopped.

Akutagawa just looked at the shorter male in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak when he was cut off by Atsushi screaming his name. Not a second later, he was impaled by an unknown weapon.

He fell to his knees and took a deep, painful breath as he turned around and looked towards the source of the attack. Atsushi moved to shield Akutawaga from anything that might come out of the dark. Another sound echoed through the silence. A click filled the silence and their eyes widened.

Without thinking, Akutagawa used Rashoumon to pull the smaller boy into his arm before positioning it to protect them from the explosion that followed less than a second later.

He was shielding Atsushi with his body. The younger male was curled up under the protection of the older male, covering his head with his arms. The blast from the explosion reached them and Akutagawa wrapped his arms around Atsushi tightly, shielding the boy's head as much as he could. He wrapped Rashoumon around the two of them and hoped whatever put them on this planet that they would get out of this alive.

The wall they were laying by could be heard cracking. Akutagawa held Atsushi's head closer and squeezed his eyes shut just as a rock smashed into his shoulder. He bit his tongue to keep from crying out in pain.

The next thing he knew, a hand was holding onto the back of his jacket and he was lifted off the ground with Atsushi in his arms. Not too much later, he heard voices.

"Dazai I found them now let's go." That was Chuuya.

"Oh come on, we were just getting started." The bandaged man whined.

"Shut up you waste of bandages." Chuuya retorted. "Akutagawa, are you conscious?"

"Yes." Akutagawa replied, now fully aware of the pain that was shooting through his shoulder.

"Is the tiger okay?" The ginger haired boy asked.

"I think so." He answered as they were set on the ground.

(Akutagawa's POV)

My wave of pain shot through my shoulder, causing me to wince involuntarily.

"Are you ok?" Chuuya asked me.

"Yeah, just sore." I nodded, not really wanting to say what was actually hurting in front of Dazai. I know he probably already has it figured out, but that was better than me vocalizing it.

Chuuya just looked at me, unsure of my answer. I gave him a look that said, 'tell you later' and he nodded before moving towards Atsushi, whom I realized was still in my arms.