A Promise

"Jinko, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I couldn't help but stare at him in shock. After a second, I broke into a smile and jumped into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yes." I said, my smile widening.

He hugged me back before pushing me out of the hug and connecting our lips. I gasped slightly at the feeling.

It felt like fireworks were exploding inside me as my heart began pounding even faster.

I stared at Akutagawa's closed eyes for a moment longer before slowly closing my own. Gradually, I kissed him back, feeling him smile against my lips before pulling away.

I opened my eyes to see him staring at me with a shine in his eyes I have never seen before.

I smiled before hugging him again. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I don't think I could.

Well... that was until I started walking home.

Akutagawa and I had parted ways halfway between our own homes and I was going back to my place with a soft smile on my face. I didn't make it 10 feet when I was shoved into an alleyway and held with a knife to my throat. I would have transformed, but I didn't want to hurt someone that didn't have an ability or have any true intentions to hurt me. For all I know, they only wanted to take any belonging of any value that I might have on me. The only thing I had on me that's worth anything is my phone.

I heard a light chuckle come from my left. Shifting my eyes, I caught a glance of a woman in dark clothes and a blonde ponytail. Higuchi.

I watched her every move as she approached me with a mischievous smile, a gun in her hand.

"What do you want Higuchi?" I asked, the grip from the person behind me tightening as I spoke.

"Nothing much, just a little favor." She replied before raising the gun and pointed it at my temple. Her eyes met mine in anger. "Stay away from my senpai. All you are is a distraction. He doesn't need a nuisance like you tailing him like a lost kitten. If I ever see or hear that you are hanging around him again," she pressed the gun harder into my temple before trailing it down my cheek, to my lip, and, finally, under my chin. "I will personally find and kill you. Am I understood?"

________________

I put down my pen and leaned back in my chair. It has been a week since Akutagawa asked me to be his boyfriend, I had my first kiss, as well as be threatened by Huguchi.

It has also been a week since I had talked to Akutagawa. It pained me to ignore him after just becoming his boyfriend, but what Higuchi said was frightening. I know that all I would have to do was text Akutagawa and tell him what happened and he would deal with it, but I didn't want to seem like a coward. But, aren't I being a coward by not saying anything?

I sighed before saying that I was going to go for a walk and clear my head. I left the agency and took off walking in a random direction. A few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

I pulled it out of my pocket and look at my notifications. I had three messages and a missed call from, who I assumed to be, Dazai.

I opened my messages and my breath caught in my throat for a moment when I saw that they were all from Akutagawa.

In this past week, he has texted me at least three times a day. It has never been more than five. But today was an exception.

This morning, I got three from him, like normal, but within the past few hours, I had gotten three more.