Thunderstorms

It was storming and Akutagawa finished his work as fast as possible, without messing anything up, and headed home. Working late normally wasn't a problem for him or Atsushi, but the storm was.

Atsushi hated thunderstorms, especially when they were as bad as this one. Akutagawa ran out to the car and started it before driving towards the apartment he and Atsushi shared.

When he got there, he gathered his bag and raced up the steps just as another round of thunder rumbled through the air. He unlocked the door with his key and closed it after entering. Akutagawa dropped his bag on the floor, kicked off his shoes, and hung up his coat before going to the bedroom where he was sure to find his boyfriend.

He opened the door and immediately wrapped the younger boy up in his arms.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." He whispered to Atsushi before kissing his head.

Atsushi found Akutagawa's shirt and clenched it in his fists as he pulled the two closer together. Akutagawa rubbed his back and continued whispering in his ear as he guided him to the bed.

He sat down and pulled Atsushi on top of him. The younger boy buried his face in the crook of Akutagaws neck. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"For what?" Akutagawa asked.

"For- Nevermind." He shook his head.

"No, Atsushi look at me." Akutagawa leaned back a little bit and gently pushed Atsushi away. "What are you sorry for?"

The younger boy kept his gaze down and avoided looking at his boyfriend as he shook his head.

"Atsushi." Akutagawa said his name again while lifting his chin to make him look at him. "What are you sorry for?"

"Burdening you." He mumbled, just barely audible.

Akutagawa just shook his head as the younger looked away, only to be pulled into a a soft kiss.

"You are not a burden. It's ok to be scared of thunderstorms. It's normal. Do you want to know what's not normal?" He asked.

Atsushi just looked at the blacked haired boy with a slightly confused expression before nodding.

"What's not normal is my fear of that ADA doctor."

Atsushi just burst out in a small fit of laughter. "Yosano?"

"Whatever her name is." Akutagawa chuckled. "Seriously though, that woman's healing methods are terrifying."

This just made Atsushi laugh even more and Akutagawa smile.

"Listen to me. You are not a burden, being scared of something is normal, and I love you more than life itself."

"I love you too Ryu."

Atsushi wrapped his arms aroung Akutagawa's neck and hugged him, with a little too much force that knocked him back on the bed.

The two burst out in laughter before adjusting so that they were under the covers and wrapped up in each other's arms.

"Now go to sleep sweetheart." Akutagawa whispered into Atsushi's hair.

"K, goodnight Ryu."

"Goodnight."