Adorable

(No one's POV)

If someone were to put the word adorable in the same sentence as the name Akutagawa, they would be looked at like a crazy person and be checked into a mental hospital faster than Dazai could cancel your ability.

This would be the case if a certain member of the ADA voiced his thoughts. After they defeated the Guild, the two boys were put on missions together a lot more, resulting in them getting to know each other and becoming something short of friends.

Currently, Atsushi and Akutagawa were checking into a hotel that Dazai booked for the two of them. They were being pursued by an ability user and has targeted these two specifically. So, in order to keep the two safe, they were sent to a hotel a few miles outside of Yokohama.

Once they were checked in, they headed up to their room and looked around. Akutagawa was the first to speak. Actually, it was more of an outburst.

"I swear, I am going to kill that waste of bandages." Atsushi looked over at his partner and sighed.

"What did we expect? It was Dazai that checked us into a room." He said while taking in the full sized bed that sat in the middle of the room. There was a couch by the window, a nightstand on either side of the bed, and a lamp in the corner of the room.

Akutagawa threw his bag into the closet and sat down on the couch in a huff. Atsushi looked away and sat down on the bed, his bag at his feet as one word repeated itself in his mind.

Adorable.

(Atsushi POV)

I didn't know how to explain it, but Ryunosuke was adorable. From the way he ranted on and on about the Port Mafia and the idiots he has to work with, to the way his tone changed when he talked about his sister.

I thought it was adorable when he narrowed his eyes at inanimate objects that 'got in his way'. The way he would stare off into space as though he wasn't about to break into a run down building and end the lives of other murderers. I found it adorable when he would use Rashoumon to entertain him, watching as it made different patterns and wrapped around itself before detangling only to do it again.

Perhaps the thing I found the most adorable was when I was able to catch him off guard and cause his face to turn light red. He would always look away and attempt to hide his face, and his blush, by changing the subject and walking a little ways ahead of me.

He was easy to fluster.

I turned sideways on the bed and glanced over at him from the corner of my eye. He was leaning against the armrest, his left leg was bent so his foot was on the couch and his left arm was resting on his knee, while his right leg was hanging off the couch. His phone was resting face down on his stomach while his right hand kept his head propped up. His eyes were closed.

I looked away and reached down to pull some clothes out of my bag.

"I am going to take a shower." I told him as I walked towards the bathroom. He just hummed in response without opening his eyes.

After closing the door and getting the water to my desired temperature, I stripped down and stepped in, the force of the water lightly massaging my back. I just stood there for a while as the water beat down on me. After about ten minutes, I washed my hair and rinsed it out before turning off the water.

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my waist before taking a second towel to dry my hair. A few minutes later, I was dressed in my pajamas and leaving the bathroom with a towel draped across my shoulder to prevent my shirt from getting wet with the water dripping from my hair. I looked over at the couch to find that Akutagawa hadn't moved from his previous position.