Lost

TW!! This oneshot will have su!c!de. Please don't read if this bothers you.
________________________________

You know you love someone when the mere thought of them brings you to tears.

You know you love someone when walking by places you visited together makes you lose yourself in memories you prefer to keep buried. When a small broken smile tugs at the corner of your lips with the feeling of waiting tears hiding in your eyes.

You know you love someone when the sudden feeling of losing them hits you so much harder than you ever thought it would.

You know you love someone when their presence is everywhere yet they aren't right next to you. It hurts more than you think it would. You took their presence for granted. you lost yourself when you lost them.

It hurts to know that you won't wake up and see their peaceful face laying on the pillow next to yours. It hurts to know that you won't ever see their smiling face or feel their warm hugs. You won't be able to feel their soft kisses or hear the laugh that makes your heart jump in your chest.

You work yourself to the point of exhaustion because you know that if you pause, even for a second, the memory of them will fill your head and bring back everything you wish you had never allowed yourself to feel.

Love is the most painful.

He walked down the streets of the city he grew up in. His mind blank for the first time since that day. The day that took away the one person he felt free around. He felt as though he could do anything without being judged with this person. His one reason to live left him and he is afraid that if he continues like he is, he would go insane.

He doesn't want to hurt anyone anymore. He doesn't want to go back home. He doesn't want to see anyone. He doesn't want to go to work. Most of all...

He doesn't want to feel.

He doesn't want to feel happy unless it's with him. He doesn't want to smile unless it's with him. He desn't want to hold hands unless it's with him. He doesn't want to live unless it's with him.

He was his reason to live.

He was too good for this cruel world. He was too kind to those who didn't deserve. He was perfect. Broken, but perfect.

Who was so cruel that they would take the life of someone that only wanted to help. All he wanted to do was save a life.

A tear slipped down his cheek as he continued walking, numb to the rain that had begun to fall. He walked towards the one place he knew would bring his heart relief and take away the pain he was feeling.

People passed in a blur, not taking another second to look at the broken boy walking in the rain with nothing to shield him from the rain. He walked with one destination in mind.

He took a deep, shaky breath as the building that would save him from the constant pain came into view. He entered through the side door and looked around the room. It was empty, dusty, cold, and dark. This wouldn't bother him though.

He has lived in the dark most of his life. The only light he has known was the little ball of sunshine from a rival organization. He walked back to the corner of the room and pulled out the object that he has finally deemed a friend, even if it's only for a short while.

He pulled a folded paper out of his pocket and fisted it in his hand. He walked over to the center of the room and looked up at the loop that awaited his arrival. He looked down at the object in his left hand and placed it upon his left wrist. He pulled it along the vein that would give him the pain he thought he deserved.