First

The young grey haired boy slowly opened his eyes. He looked out the window and sighed when he realized that it couldn't be much later than midnight. The light of the moon cast a soft glow throughout the room, lighting it up in a shade of blue.

The grey haired male slowly climbed out of bed, carefully slipping out of the arms of his lover and leaving the bedroom. He quietly made his way through the house and to the back door. He stepped out and softly shut the door behind him before taking a seat on the steps, looking up at the stars.

He took in a deep breath, filling his lungs with the cool night air. It was refreshing. It allowed him to clear his mind and relax. As he sat in silence, his lover began shifting around in the bed, trying to locate the person that was originally snuggled up in his embrace.

He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before looking around the dark room. With no sign of the younger male, he climbed out of bed and followed the steps the other took just moments ago. This was a common occurrence because of the unfamiliar feeling of being wanted and cared for. The feeling was foreign to both males but affected the younger more because the older had a sister to keep him company.

He slowly opened the back door as a quiet sigh escaped his lips at the sight of the man he fell in love with. They have been dating for almost 8 months. They were friends for half a year before that. Although they have been together for so long, they had yet to share their first kiss and I love you. The dark haired male was considerate of his lover's needs and allowed him to move the relationship at his own pace. He was happy with his decision because, truth be told, he was just as nervous about all of this as the latter was.

He stepped outside and put a gentle hand on his shoulder, emitting a slight jump from him at the sudden contact. He turned around before relaxing and offering a small smile.

"Sorry Ryu, did I wake you?" He asked, his voice soft.

"No, but your absence did." The man called Ryu chuckled lightly before taking a seat next to his boyfriend. "You couldn't sleep could you." He asked, it coming out as more of a statement than a question.

"No." He shook his head before laying it on Ryunosuke's shoulder.

"Atsu, how about we go out for a drive. Outside of Yokohama and away from the chaos. Just the two of us." The taller male suggested.

"Really?" Atsushi asked while looking up at him.

"Yeah." He nodded before standing up and offering a hand to the other.

They walked back inside and towards the front door. After pulling on their shoes, Ryunosuke grabbed the keys and walked ahead of his boyfriend, leading him to the other side of the car to open his door and shut it behind him once he was inside.

Once he climbed in on the driver's side and started driving, he took Atsushi's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. As they drove, they kept the radio turned off, allowing the silence to engulf them, not bothered by it since it was quite comforting.

The distance they drove didn't matter to them because they had each other. nothing was keeping them from being in the moment and they were thankful for that. The stolen glances, subtle smiles, and an occasional squeeze of their hands were the only movements they made.

After about thirty minutes of driving, Ryunosuke pulled over and turned the car off before getting out and helping Atsushi. Together, the two of them began walking down a trail that winds through the trees they stopped by. A few minutes later, they came to a small clearing where they could see the stars and hear the crickets chirping and a river flowing somewhere a little further away. As they walked through the grass, fireflies took flight and lit up the space around them.

Atsushi smiled and looked at the dark haired male with a gleam in his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Ryunosuke's waist and rested his head on his chest. The taller male wrapped his arms around the grey haired boy's shoulders as he rested his chin on his head. They stood there like this for a moment before Atushi pulled away a bit and moved his arms to wrap them around his neck, causing the other's arms to drop down to his waist.

Slowly, Ryunosuke moved the two in small circles as they swayed back and forth. Their music was made by the crickets in the background as fireflies continued to light up their surroundings. They stared into each other's eyes, communicating without making a sound. They stayed like this for a while until the taller male spoke.

"Atsu, I know you want to take this slow and keep it as simple as possible but I want you to know that I want to take this a step further. I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Ryu said softly.

"I know. I've been thinking about it as well. I want to go further but I'm scared. I'm afraid of what people are going to say. I know they accept Chuuya and Dazai, but that's because they know and trust them. Other than that, nobody would go against them anyway. I just don't think we would get the same treatment." He mumbled the last part. He looked away and avoided his boyfriend's gaze.

The taller male lifted the latter's chin and looked him in the eyes with a soft expression. "Let them talk. They are just jealous that they weren't able to pick you up before I did."

This made Atsushi laugh a bit before sighing. "Thank you Ryu."

"You don't need to thank me for anything. I do everything I do because... I love you." He said.

"R-really?" Atsushi stuttered.

"Really. I love you so much Atsushi and I don't want to do anything against your wishes. I don't want to do anything without your consent. I just want you to be happy. That is why I waited so long to tell you." He explained with a shy smile.

"I- I love you too, Ryu." Atsushi replied with a smile just as shy as his lovers.

"Atsu, I don't want to make you uncomfortable, so if you don't want to tell me. But, can I k-kiss you?" The black haired male asked before looking away from him, a small blush dusting his cheeks.

Atsushi didn't say a word, I just stood in Ryunosuke's arms with a shocked expression as he mulled over Ryu's words. Continuing on with his silence, he lifted a slightly shaky hand up to Ryu's cheek and turned it back so that he was facing him. Ever so slowly, he leaned up and carefully connected their lips.

It wasn't anything too passionate or intimate, more like a touch of their lips before they separated again. The two just stood there, completely stunned by the actions that just took place until Ryu let out a small burst of air that sounded like a laugh.

"Do you mind if we try that again?" He asked. Atsushi nodded. With a small smile and slow movements, he tilted Atsushi's face up with his hand and leaned in.

Just as softly as before, slightly chapped lips met soft lips in a tender kiss. This time, they moved their lips slowly, preserving the feeling and movements of the other in their minds, afraid that if they didn't, the moment would be lost.

When they pulled away for a second time, they were panting slightly at the rush the kiss sent through them. Atsushi giggled a bit before closing his eyes again. Ryunosuke just smiled at the sight of his lover in total bliss.

That night, the two lovers shared their first I love you and their first kiss.

Nothing could have been more perfect for the two than it was in that moment.