Chapter 19 || A Day Off

Start from the beginning

Jimin spares him a glance, forcing up a thin smile, "I don't appreciate people talking during such important meetings, Mr Kim. This is not your press conference, but my company,"

Taehyung's face stiffens, heaving out a deep sigh that makes Jimin smirk lightly, using his hand to hide it from the rest, "She's not here, by the way. I gave her a day off. She has been working hard,"

"Good job," Taehyung praises, sitting straight, chewing on nothing while Jimin shoots him a glare.

"Drop that, Kim,"

"Who's talking now, sir?" Taehyung smirks, "This is your company, your meeting. Not so good if you don't pay attention to what's going on, is it?"

"No wonder Jiah left you," Jimin mutters, cracking his neck, about to loosen his tie when he realises that Jiah's not here today, and so, there's no tie either. The glare coming from Taehyung doesn't go unnoticed by him, but he ignores it and focuses on what their lovely vice president and senior director had to say.

The seminar takes up two hours, although they turn out to be quite productive, Jimin kept catching himself checking the time every fifteen minutes, wanting nothing more than putting this to an end so he can go and check on his girl, who is probably mad at him.

His girl. That sounds so fucking good, doesn't it? Jesus, yes, it does!

Jimin and Namjoon head out of the hall, talking about a deal that Namjoon was supposed to close, "—yes, and I think it'll be better that way,"

"I'm sure you're right, hyung," Jimin bites his lip, glancing at his watch again before fixing his eyes on the elder's face, "Is Jiah really in a bad condition? Should I go visit her? I probably should,"

"Woah," Namjoon chuckles, staring at Jimin with surprised eyes, "Yes, by her message I guess she was tired. But other than that, I have no idea, I'm sorry,"

"You didn't talk to her—"

"Jiah's sick?" Jimin hisses at Taehyung's voice interrupting him as the man walks closer with a frown, "You said you gave her a day off? How much do you make her work to have her falling sick? She has a toddler to look after too,"

"You don't need to interfere in our personal matter, Taehyung," Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Personal, huh? She's my child's mother. I have every right to be concerned," Taehyung states, turning to Namjoon and holds out his hand, "I'm Kim Taehyung, Jiah's ex boyfriend, her son's father,"

"I know," Namjoon sighs, shaking his hand briefly before turning to Jimin again. "I think you should call her yourself,"

"I doubt she'll answer..." Jimin mumbles, "But yeah I'll try,"

"You didn't argue with her, did you? Don't you dare hurt her, Park Jimin—"

"I'm not the one who left her. It was you. You're the one who has the nerve to hurt a girl like Jiah," Jimin grits out, facing the other side while he tries calling on her number once, then twice and thrice. However she doesn't answer, making him curse under his breath in frustration, already annoyed by Taehyung's eyes boring on him for a positive word.

"She's not answering,"

"You don't treat her well," Taehyung mutters, "She always answers calls, especially when she knows that other person will get worried for her,"

"Stop—"

"I'll try," Namjoon holds up his hand as a gesture for both Jimin and Taehyung to calm down. The boys wait patiently until Namjoon shakes his head as well, sending some relief to Jimin for he's not the only one she's not responding too. But that's scary. Why is she not answering their calls?