Chapter 114.

Jasleena

It was my wedding day. Lila was two years old. Lexi was a year old. Jackson was still in the belly  and Bella was four. Lila and Bella were our flower girls and Lexi would be guided down to bring our rings. I had two maid of honors. Paola and Jenni. Jake was Luka’s best man. Our colors were royal blue, white and silver. It was a beautiful night. The kids all did great. Luka cried as he watched me walk down the aisle. My eyes teared as I looked at him. No one else mattered at that moment but him. It was as if there were no one there but us. His parents kept Lila that weekend as we took a mini honeymoon.

A month later Luka and I both agreed to go and find out all the information on what to do to become adoptive parents. Neither of us had said it would be done but we wanted to be prepared if we did decide to adopt a baby. Or an older child, it didn’t really make a difference.   Being that Lila was two years old, I started wanting another baby or child. But I didn’t mention it to Luka. I was afraid he wouldn’t want any just yet. We found all the information and had to take a few courses.

Three months later, Jenni had her son. Luka and I were so happy for them. We visited them in the hospital with Lila and she did the same thing she did to Lexi. Repeated “baby” with a huge smile on her face. My heart ached because I knew my little girl needed a sibling. But it would be something to talk to Luka about.

A month goes by, Luka walked into our room, with a determined face. “Jasleena.” I was a bit taken aback because he doesn’t usually call me by my actual name. So he was either upset or the conversation was a serious one. “Yes?” I asked worriedly. “Oh love, this isn’t something bad.” He looked at me then around the room. “I mean I hope it isn’t a bad idea.” He started to look very nervous. “Spit it out Luka.” I laughed. “What do you say we add a child into our family?” I started crying. Because I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “Lily, don't cry. If you aren’t ready I understand. I just.. I…” I put my finger to his lips. And simply nodded with the tears rolling down my face. I took a deep breath and spoke. “I would love for us to add an additional child to our family.” He hugged me tight. The following day we spoke to many agencies to put our families profile up. We were ready to expand our family.