Chapter 85.

Jasleena

Four days have gone by and our parents would be arriving that following evening, in preparation for the baby shower. It's in three days, so everyone was a little all over. I was slowly but surely working on the project for the Godparents. I had told Luka that I was planning something but never gave him any details. He started working from home, since the incident that happened that past Friday. But he simply just said he wanted to just be closer to me. He said he'd just go into the office only if there was an important meeting. They fired the lady that cornered him. Jake ended up finding out from one of the other employees that she was Britteney's cousin. So we all thought she might have sent her to try and ruin what Luka and I had.

I was currently just cooking some dinner for us. Luka was in the guest room, the room he was using as his office. He said the day wouldn't have been too long but it was already 5:00 pm. As if on cue, he walked out of the guest room. He looked stressed but didn't say much. I had watched as he simply walked towards the bedroom. He didn't even notice me in the kitchen. I didn't follow him though, I gave him some space. But then I saw him rush out of the room, he looked as if he were scared. Until he saw me and he took a deep breath. "Hey, you ok?" I asked as I saw him rush to me. He embraced me and just breathed in. "You scared me, that's all. But you're ok and right here." I embraced him back. "I'm here, dinner is almost done. Everything ok with work?" He sighed. "Yes, my dad just called about a business trip." I looked at him puzzled, "A business trip? For how long?" He sighed again. "Yes and for a week. And it's supposed to be the first week of August. And I just don't know what to do because what if you have Lila while I'm not here. Or like what if something else happens and I'm not here. I can't just leave you Lily." I looked at him. "Hey, it's ok Luka. It's ok. Take a deep breath. We'll figure something out. That's in a week and a half, I'm due two weeks after that. I should be just fine that week and I can just ask my mom to come stay with me. It'll be ok." I smiled at him to reassure him. "But..." I laughed, "No buts." He didn't say anything just embraced me. "Let me check dinner love." He chuckled and let go. I checked the food and it was done. "Dinners done." He nodded.