Chapter 98.

Jasleena

Six months had gone by since Lila was born. I was cooking dinner when I felt Luka's arms wrapped around my waist. "Hey there, beautiful." He kissed the side of my head. "I missed you all day." He whined. I smiled. I was doing that more often. "I missed you too, love." He let go and walked towards the island and took a seat. "You want to watch a movie after dinner? We can lay Lila in her room and put the camera up so we can still see and hear her." I nodded with a stupid blush on my face. I didn't know what it was. But Luka would randomly make me feel beyond special. I was feeling as if my long time crush was finally giving me the time of day. I gave him all the props and credits because he was there through all my meltdowns. He did not give up on me. He made sure I knew he loved me. That Lila loved me. That me and Lila meant the world to him. He would always leave me sweet notes, reminding me of things he loved about me. He knew how tough everything had felt for me and he simply continued to be there for me. He continued to pour his love into me and slowly bring me back to myself.

It's been hard but better. My healing process, from both surgeries, was tough. But Luka was there for the entire eight weeks that it took. Lila was a great baby. She slept most of the night, which allowed me to sleep decently well. My parents visited a few times. Once with my siblings and a few times just them. They were also a great support system. One visit Paola came with her boyfriend. But justy that one time. I've only been around the guy two times. But to Paola he was everything she wanted at that moment. And as long as she was happy, so was I. Luka's parents were also a huge support system. They would take Lila for a while so Luka and I can have time alone. I loved being a mother. And loved Luka with every fiber in me. His love was always bringing me out of my dark place. He was always my light. Yes I still had moments of doubts and a bunch of fears of the what ifs. But Luka had constantly reminded me to live in the moment and enjoy everything I had. I may have lost a lot of things, but gained plenty. My life wasn't perfect but it was becoming much more. With everything that happened Luka preferred me to take the school year off. He wanted me to heal completely. Physically, mentally and emotionally before starting work again. I agreed. "I love you Luka." He looked at me. "I love you too Lily."