Chapter 18 || Stronger

Start from the beginning

"You!" The other shouts, glaring at her and Jiah pushes him back, jumping up to give him a kick right on his nose. She throws a few continuous punches on his face, still holding the keys firmly, until a hand grasps her hair, pulling her back and throwing her down on the ground.

"Ah!" She groans, eyes quickly to Jihun and gets up quickly on seeing that one of them has grabbed the stroller, "Leave him!" She yells, "Help! Is someone there?! Please help me!" She yells as loud as she can, tears trickling her eyes as she tries to make him leave the stroller, hitting him without a break. The man groans, stumbling back when she kicks him in the shin and quickly takes the opportunity to give one hard kick in his balls, eliciting a loud groan from the man.

The other man pulls her feet, making her fall down and hit her head on the ground, while his other hand pulls the stroller harshly. Jihun is crying already, stuck inside as Jiah had put on the belt on him. She turns to him as his cries intensify, noticing that the stroller fell down and the toddler must be felling stuck inside under the weight. Tears spill from her eyes too as she screams for the man to not hurt her son, using his clothes to get up and uses all her strength to hit the man's face. It works, he groans loudly, letting go of the stroller, holding his eye instantly as the blood pools out.

Jiah gulps thickly, wiping her tears and stands up, trembling with exhaustion while she makes her way to her son. She pulls up the stroller quickly, unhooking the belt and carries Jihun, hugging him tightly, "It's okay..." She hushes out, rubbing his back, "We're okay. Mamma fought the bad guys. They're not hurting us anymore,"

She glances at the groaning men and goes to the one who's eye was fine, kicking him between the thighs again just to make sure that he won't get up anytime soon. She calls the police for help, telling them what happened briefly and her location. In a few minutes the police car pulls up and a lady officer approaches Jiah with a small smile, while the to men are being dealt the hard way.

"I hope you and your child and not hurt too bad," She says.

"No," Jiah lets out, wiping the sweat from her forehead and glances at Jihun who fell asleep after crying so much.

"You need to come with us to the police station for filing the complaint, ma'am," The officer says. Jiah looks down, nodding her head and glances back, pushing the stroller aside with her leg, leaving it by the dumpster as one of the wheels has come off and doesn't seem like it would get fixed. It was old, they needed a new one anyway.

Sitting in the car with the officers who make sure that she's okay and maintain silence for her sleeping son, Jiah's grateful that at least they have decided to show some respect to her. In the police station a paramedic emergency nurse assists them with the first aid, which is when Jiah realised that she has actually got a few bruises here and there and a cut on her forehead. Even Jihun has a small cut on his head, probably hitting the ground when ge fell along with the stroller all because of that man who decided that it was okay to harm a child if the mother didn't feel like sleeping with him.

Jiah tells the officer what happened, putting on her signature at some places where necessary to complete the procedure and stands up finally, sending a small smile to the lady, "Thank you," She says, stroking Jihun's back when he moved a little.

"It's our job, ma'am," The woman smiles back, "How are you going back? You should call someone to take you home?"

"Uh no, I'm fine, I'll manage," Jiah shakes her head, glancing back outside where it's dark, probably around ten already. Then she glances at the wall clock to confirm, sighing as it's only fifteen minutes to be ten. "Uhm actually, it would be great if you can call a cab or something?" She asks hesitantly.

"Sure, I'll ask someone," The officer nods, motioning her hand for a man to see if they can hail a cab. Jiah pulls out her phone, trying to ring Yoongi one last time, hoping he would answer. He doesn't. Then Jimin's number is waiting right under Yoongi's, making her sigh as she mentally says 'fuck it' to everything and calls the man.