"Alri-- Woah, okay, chill," YangYang couldn't properly say goodbye to his friends when you intertwined your fingers with him and pulled him with you.

You both went uphill, finding a comfortable seat away from the crowd while still having a good view of the fireworks display later. You forced YangYang to sit on the grass, his eyes scanning you suspiciously while you sit beside him.

"The view is prettier up here," You mumbled, avoiding his confused face.

His questioning stare transitioned to an amused one, "Ah, yeah, of course it is. Atleast for me, I get to be this close to you."

"That's too cheesy."

"This caught me off guard though, I thought you'd watch the display with your friends," He caressed his chin.

"Everyone, take your spots and seats because for tonight, we're bound to witness one of the most beautiful scene!" The Dean announced, his arms extending to indicate his enthusiastic introduction. "The intramurals is finally coming to an end. Just like how I hope all of your journey comes to an end, we're going to end it through colorful sparks in the sky. I sincerely thank.."

You peeled off your attention to the Dean and looked at YangYang, about to say something, only to find out he's already looking at you. His gaze stared at you lovingly, his brows are narrowed, and his tounge was poking through his cheek.

This stare alone makes your stomach flip.

"I didn't know you could sing." You opened a topic and a proud smile appeared in his face. "You can do almost everything. What else can you not to do?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. Make you mine?"

Your smile eased down a bit, an anxious expression appearing just seconds after. He didn't mind too much though, seeing it as a joke.

"Anyway, Dean said the fireworks are starting in a few seconds," He uttered, changing topic.

"Yang," You suddenly uttered whilst the countdown starts. "Tell me you love me."

His eyes were surprised, not expecting you to say that. "Huh? What's gotten into you?"

The accumulating anticipation, confusion, and excitement are both radiating from the two of you, and your anxious iris says it all. The loud countdown isn't helping at all, making your heart pace quicker than normal.

And so does YangYang's.

"Just say it to me." You mumbled one more time. "This time, I can respond."

He frowned. "I told you.. I can wait. You don't have to be pressured saying it bac--"

You grabbed him by his shirt closer, his eyes immediately sliding from your eyes to your lips, almost like an instinct.

"Alright," He took a deep breath, a small smile slowly appearing up his face. "I love you, Jung Y/N."

"And I love you too." You replied, sincerity in your tone. "Let's make it official."

"What?!"

Just as the whole crowd finished counting down, the sound of fireworks blew up in the dark skies, and you took that opportunity to lean close to him, sealing what you said with a kiss.

YangYang scoot back a little, surprised and overwhelmed with everything. From the sound of the speaker, you doing the first move to kiss him, and from his own feelings. He didn't have time to process, only until when you pulled away, giving him access to take a deep breath.

"I love you too," You repeated much more sincere.

"Does that mean--" YangYang flinched when a new set fireworks exploded in the sky.