seventeen | 17

Finally, just after a few days, working in a coffee shop was easier than you expected.

Or maybe Yangyang just made it easier.

Nonetheless, you're currently on your first shift at Sunday. You said you'd want to experience working while school hasn't started so you'll know how to adjust when you have to merge it with your class schedule.

Surprisingly, you have not seen Yangyang all day. It was bothering you but you can't afford to ask him about it.

Nah, he can't possibly assume you're interested where the hell he is.

As a result, you've been spending your day alone. No friends in your fellow mates, not even one — yet.

"Table 3, please," You uttered seeing a guy leaning at the counter, busy fixing his apron. You watched him timidly, slightly weirded out why he have to come out of the wardrobe if he's not yet ready, judging with his messy apron. You knocked on the marble counter and sighed. "We don't want to make them wait."

"It's a cafè, they can wait. Or you can call their name and they can just come to the cashier," The guy replied.

"Are you.. serious about saying that?" Though you were pissed, you made sure to still sound respectful asking him that question.

After all, its only Yangyang who witnessed how really short your temper is.

"I'll do it," You stomped away, making sure you leave with heavy steps to make him feel how pissed you were.

"Hendery, you're still not yet done tying that goddamn apron?" Another one appeared, not wearing the same apron like the other staffs and servers.

"Whatever. Why is Yangyang's apron so complicated? Just like him," Hendery, as named, continue to complain.

His friend grinned with a sarcastic intonation before turning serious. "If you're so stressed about his apron, why the hell do you even think of serving in his shop today?"

"I told you, I am bored Xiaojun."

His friend, named Xiaojun, raised his brow and rolled his eyes. "Yangyang said we can just supervise the shop, we don't have to actually work."

"Supervising is boring. I went to his shop because I'm bored and I'm not here to do another boring thing," Hendery argued while his friend can only watch his dumb move, not wanting to debate any more. He'd rather see his dude struggle with the apron. "Anyway, it's my first time seeing that girl."

"Girl? Who?" Xiaojun squinted his eyes.

"That one with a high ponytail. I can't point my fingers at her, she'll definitely notice."

"Ah, it's also my first time seeing her. Go ask her name when she's done," Xiaojun leaned at the table, eyes on you while you take down the order of a nearby table. "She's definitely new. Her features.. are almost familiar."

"She's cute though."

"Yeah, and not dumb enough to spend hours tying an apron."

"You're being personal," Hendery gasped, pouting when he noticed the lace loosen against his waist, again.

When you passed by the two of them, Xiaojun was quick to nudge his friend. Out of pressure from the sudden movement, Hendery was forced to speak.

"Hi newbie!" He called out, a little too loud to catch the attention of nearby customers.

Your brows met and you spin your heel around. "Newbie?"

"Shit bro, you're dumb. You're really dumb." Xiaojun criticized earning a glare from his prince-like friend. "You should have known better than call her loudly like that."