thirty one | 31

It's school's intramurals, day one. You woke up at 5 am, went on your own way, straight to the officers' booth.

The first person you saw there was Da Eun. She's the vice president of the whole club and it surprised you to see that only five people was present when by now, everyone should've been gathered.

"Good morning?" You asked, the sound of iced cubes sloshing on your coffee echoing on an almost empty room. "Where's everyone?"

"Late for the call time, as usual," She does not even try to hide how tired she is. Da Eun has evident bags forming under her eyes. "Can you call Ten? We need to set things up before eight."

"He said he's on his way." You informed shortly while you put your belongings to rest.

"By the way, is he playing basketball? His friends are-- Ah, right. I have something to ask you." Da Eun's lifeless eyes slowly gained its enthusiasm when an idea popped in her head. "So.. you see.. YangYang is one of the players."

This is bad. Your heart beats fast just from hearing his name.

"Yeah, what about it?" You tried to act nonchalant.

"Are you going to watch their game next week?" Your ears perked when she asked that.

YangYang was indeed busy for the past weeks and he mentioned being on a basketball team. You wasn't informed when is their game though.

Only then you realized, you didn't ask.

A wave of guilt splashed on you. You were so focused on your own responsibilities that you didn't even ask him when is his game.

"Still there?" Da Eun snapped her fingers in front of your face when you spaced out. She then teasingly smiled at you. "Oooohhh. The rumors must be true. Something's going on between you and him."

Though she is older than you, you made sure she saw you deadpan. At this point, you're surprised that some of them still thinks its a rumor after the party. Where YangYang got highkey clingy.

"I was going to make some banners for the team and I thought you already had a layout," Da Eun explained as she started cutting some tapes. "That's all. Enough chit chat. Let's do some work."

"Why would I have some layout?" You tailed at her, confused. The last thing you remember, you are not in the arts team and its not your responsibility in creative works.

Da Eun sighed, internally regretting she starts the topic. "Well, you're automatically Liu's supporter. I thought you prepared some."

"Apparently, I do support him even without banners," You scoffed, pretending not to care as you go on with your own way.

Deep inside, you start to overthink how are you going to show him your support in less than a week, considering that you're quite busy and you do not have all the time in your hands.

"Naeun even got herself her own template for Mark. She's a big simp for him." Da Eun exposed and the mentioned female complained in a distance.

"Da Eun eonni, I am litwrally sitting here!" She yelled.

"Mark Lee?" You grinned. "He can't shoot the ball during the last time he and Haechan played though."

The preparation for the event went on and on. The club officers, members, and representatives slowly gathered, and Ten was one of them. Once he was present, you immediately sticked with him all day.

Ten watched you silently follow behind him while taking some notes. He stopped abruptly and it caused you to bump your forehead in his back.

"Aww!" You complained and look up. "Why'd you stop midway?"