53: Control

On the evening of the third day of the Grand Magic Games, it was decided that Van was still in need of bedrest since Porlyusica assessed his condition at being eighty-percent recovered. She wanted her patient to be alright so that she wouldn't have to deal with him again if by chance he falls ill once more due to insufficient care.

As for Karissa, she was free to go thanks to her, surprisingly, speedy recovery.

During that same evening, it was discovered that Crocus had a pool located somewhere, a giant indoor water park built for attraction. Everyone from Fairy Tail wanted to go over there. However, due to Van's condition, Pandora chose to stay with him rather than mingle at the pool. At first, Karissa was set on staying with them since she oddly felt bad about enjoying herself while her brother remained in bed. It just didn't feel right to go while he was recovering from the same malady that she previously had. Also, she just didn't want to go in the pool.

They were still at the coliseum since it was too much of a hassle to move around a body back and forth. It was just the three of them. That is until a visiting Clavis dropped by for Van. He came to give him some pastries from some popular bakery. The younger brother was surprised to see the two sisters in the room since he thought they would be at the pool. He had overheard some Fairy Tail mages talking about it on their way there while he was out buying the pastries.

The younger twin was sitting on a stool in the room and across from her was her twin standing next to Pandora after giving her the plastic bag of goodies.

Then, Pandora suggested the twins go together at the pool to hang out on their behalf. Karissa wasn't too excited about that idea.

Van inspected the bag with curious hands while Pandora tried to convince their little sister into joining her twin at the pool. Discreetly, he eyed Clavis while he wasn't paying attention and he saw him look at her with repressed anticipation. Pausing, Van's eyes flickered to his little sister and then back to Clavis.

He stiffened when he caught Clavis eying him from the side.

But that usual happy smile bloomed on his face.

Karissa bit the inside of her bottom lip with her bottom teeth, averting her eyes slightly. Clavis was looking at her with those hopeful eyes that made it hard to refuse. He wasn't planning on heading to the pool at all since he would have preferred resting for the day after eating a fulfilling meal. But the idea of spending time with his family made him quickly think otherwise.

"I don't have any swimwear."

And I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of choosing some.

Clavis' eyes took in her anxious behaviour. His feet decided to move and make his way to his little sister to crouch in front of her. He looked at her with a gentle smile. He had done this kind of thing numerous times when Sherria felt despondent because of any performances on jobs that didn't go quite as she had hoped.

This was the first time they were seeing Clavis showcase a brotherly-type image. "You don't have to wear anything you're not comfortable in. It's only a pool. You can just wear shorts and a t-shirt."

This made her look at him.

"I thought swimwear is mandatory in most waterparks..."

Clavis smiled with his eyes closed and tipped his head. "Waterparks are meant to have fun and relax. How can you have fun if you don't feel comfortable? There's no rule forbidding light clothing."

In the end, she ended up going out of the kindness of her own heart.