9. Flying Into The Iron Forest

Karissa joined Gray and Cana at the counter with a yawn. They both looked at her funny when she drowsily got onto her seat and then proceeded to slouch with a dazed look.

"What's got you so sleepy?"

"I was reading this book that Levy gave me." She rubbed her eyes. "It was so good. But I had to force myself to stop reading it at around 3 AM..."

"Don't tell me you only woke up now? It's almost noon." Cana lowered her mug and raised a brow. Karissa just nodded and rubbed the sleep out of her face.

"Here, this'll definitely wake you up." Cana smirked and offered Karissa her mug full of alcohol. After catching a whiff of it, Karissa leaned away, her face looking like it was fully awake now. She grimaced and pushed it away with a finger. "Nah, keep it."

"Oh, come on, at least let me drink with my friend!" Cana complained.

Gray scoffed next to her. "Yeah, don't try. Karissa's dead set on not drinking alcohol."

"Seriously? Man, screw that. You need to drink this stuff. I swear, it'll open your eyes to the truth."

Karissa laughed at that. "The truth of what? That I could get drunk?"

Suddenly, the whole guild went up in an uproar, making the three jolt a little. Everyone was throwing things and tables were being destroyed. A rather typical scene for the Fairy Tail guild hall. Cana and Karissa heard Gray shout out angrily after getting shoved, making him jump out of his seat and join in on the fight in nothing but his underwear. The two girls sweat dropped. Karissa sighed and hopped off the stool, deciding it was best to go take cover somewhere since she was too tired to deal with the ruckus. As she walked closer to the request board, she was smacked in the face by a hand, it felt way to painful just for a measly hand.

"Ow! What the hell?!" Karissa groaned. She found a familiar face looking back at her. Oh yeah, she knew this person. She disliked them. She was the resident princess of the dorm back when she still lived there. There was even once a time where she physically got into a fight with her for some petty thing.

"Damn it, Kleenex! How many goddamn rings do you need to wear?!" Karissa smacked her hand way from her face with immense irritation.

"It's KLEENA. And—" Kleena paused. She brought her hand to her face and looked at her nails. "Oh my god, you broke it!" she shrieked.

"Well watch where you swing that frigging hand—" she dodged a flying cup. "Watch it, you spoiled brat!" Karissa growled before picking up a broken piece of wood that belonged to a table. "I'm too tired to deal with your shit!"

Cana sighed heavily as she watch Karissa violently pitch the wood at Kleena. "You don't look that tired."

Karissa got too absorbed into her fight that she didn't even notice the Master of her guild step into the middle of the guildhall in his giant form, making everyone freeze as he told them to stop fighting like children. Karissa's wind magic ceased just as she grabbed Kleena by the front of her shirt. The two girls were looking at each other without saying anything.

"Oh, you were here, Master?" Mirajane smiled.

"Yes."

"Master?!" Karissa heard an unfamiliar voice repeat in bafflement.

After a pause. Everyone who was fighting someone turned away from each other, ceasing their fighting like they were asked to. Karissa glanced behind her when she heard Natsu laughing victoriously only to get stomped on by the Master.

When did he get back?

"Hm? A new recruit?" Master Makarov peered down at the girl standing in front of him. It was a blonde haired girl.