26. Unveiled Archive

Cait Shelter.

Wendy's guild.

The truth behind her guild was brought to light. The guild master, Robaul, called himself Nirvana's creator from four-hundred years ago. The Nirvit clan from back then ended up killing each other when darkness nested in their hearts, leaving Robaul as its sole survivor. Wandering aimlessly and waiting for the day when Nirvana would be destroyed, his specter kept on waiting for someone strong enough to destroy it, a feat finally achieved by the alliance.

Aside from Wendy and Carla, the whole guild was made up of a spirit and numerous illusions that each had different unique personality. It was a guild created just for Wendy when she was left behind by young boy who begged Robaul to take her in. Now that Wendy was surrounded by real people who she could call friends, Robaul could rest easy and finally depart from the world, officially disbanding Cait Shelter.

After sobbing over the loss of her guild, Wendy went to go pack up her things with Carla who were accompanied by Erza. An invitation to join Fairy Tail was given to them by Erza who resonated with Wendy's feelings. The scarlet haired mage wanted to fill the void left in her heart by surrounding her by the new people she called friends.

Jura and Ichiya went off to look around the remains of Cait Shelter, curious about how the illusions lived. Ren and Sherry were talking somewhere near a tree. Happy and Natsu went to look around as well. This left Lucy, Karissa, Hibiki, Even and Lyon in the central area to wait for the others. Once again, The rest of the Trimens was trying to get close with the Fairy Tail girls.

And once again, Gray had to tell them off.

Karissa and Lucy stood behind Gray with a deep frown. The Trimens were annoying when they don't take a hint. Hibiki was much pleasant to be around when he wasn't in his damn playboy mode. Lyon just stood on the side watching the show, uninterested in taking part.

"Seriously, buzz off." Gray groaned as Hibiki tried to get close to Karissa again who just stayed in Gray's shadow as he blocked Hibiki's path. It was just like when they met up at the meeting place, Gray was getting annoyed when Hibiki didn't get the message. Meanwhile, Eve was interacting with Lucy on the side who just looked tired of it all.

With a sigh, Karissa stared down at her clothes. She was wearing a dark blue skirt (much to her dismay and embarrassment) with a small split on the side with white leggings. She was grateful for that at least. She was also grateful that Virgo came out and gave back her shoes that she practically confiscated back in the forest. She wore a dark green sleeveless top that had a turtle neck underneath a long beige open jacket with a high collar.

"Karissa."

The black haired mage blinked and glanced at Lyon who approached her. He beckoned her to step away from the group a couple of feet so that they could talk in private. Gray was too busy with Hibiki, leaving only Lucy to notice the two step away. The blonde was curious as to why Lyon wanted to talk to her until she remembered what Gray said when they were on Galuna Island. Lyon and Karissa used to like each other. It made Lucy place a curious hand in front of her mouth.

"... What?"

The older mage shifted his eyes away and placed a hand thoughtful hand under his chin, he was trying to figure out how to say something. Karissa just stood there, waiting, watching him with curious eyes.

"I just want to make things clear, just to be sure."

Karissa just stared at him in confusion.

Lyon closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head, trying to formulate the proper words. Unlike with Sherry, he didn't feel like playing ignorant with Karissa. "What we had when we we're kids—"