15. Fairies And Phantoms

The team stared at how Master Makarov was just drinking away some booze without a care in the world.

"Gramps, what are you sitting around here for?!" Natsu exclaimed.

Karissa scrunched up her nose at the smell of booze strongly emanating from him. Just how much alcohol had he been drinking?

"Ooh, right you are." Makarov set down his mug and pointed his finger at the group, "How dare you gon on an S-Class quest without permission?!"

Karissa blinked. That's what he's concerned about? C'mon Master...

"Punishment!" He hollered like a typical drunk man, "I'll give you your punishment now! Prepare yourselves!"

"It's not the time for that now!" Natsu shouted but was then cut off when Master Makarov's hand stretched to land chop on Natsu's head.

Karissa, Gray and Happy flinched when they received their own respective chops. Lucy got a spank on the bum though which Mirajane scolded him for.

Erza and Natsu stepped up.

"Master! Do you understand our current situation?!"

"They wrecked our guild!"

With a tired sigh, Makarov propped his head up with his hand and drummed his fingers on his knee. "Well, calm down. It's not something to make a fuss about."

"Seriously?" Karissa arched a brow. "What about those who were hurt? You're really going to let that slide?"

He snorted and picked up his mug. "I don't see why I should get worked up over an attack on an empty guild."

It was empty?

"It was empty?" Erza questioned.

Mirajane nodded by Makarov's side. "It seems the attack happened in the middle of the night."

"I see, so no one was hurt... We were lucky."

Master Makarov let out a laugh and waved his hand dismissively. "There's no need to get cross with someone that resorts to surprise attacks. Leave them be."

Natsu slammed his hands down in front of their guild master. "I can't accept it! I won't be satisfied until we go and crush those guys!"

"This discussion is over!" Makarov state as he straightened up. "Until the upstairs is repaired, we'll take work requests from here." he informed them before running off to the loo with a drunk giggle.

"This is just as hard for the Master, you know. But outright conflict between guilds is forbidden by the Council." Mirajane said.

"They're the ones who attacked us first!"

Karissa sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "Rules are rules, Natsu, especially when the Master insists that we follow them."

Natsu looked back at Karissa where he found everyone looking conflict about the issue. It was leaving a bad taste in their mouth.

"If this is how the Master feels about it..." Erza spoke, "Then we have to accept that..."

Without another word, Gray took that as his cue to walk away and talk with Loke while Erza went back upstairs to look at the state inside.

"Karissa!"

Lucy flinched at the booming voice while Karissa just sweat dropped with her lips puckered.

The blonde wizard turned her head and found two people walking towards them. A beautiful young woman and a good looking young man.

The woman had long black hair, longer than Karissa's, that was tied up in a high ponytail with a light purple feather scrunchie. She was wearing a magenta and white spaghetti strap dress that had a slit along the side of her right thigh, revealing navy blue bike shorts. She wore navy blue and white loose sleeve around her arms. She wore knee-high brown boots that had black soles. Her silver cross earrings swayed as she walked.