𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

My boots click with each step I was taking and once i'm down on the last step, I walk to the back door where everybody is heading and open it only to see a bunch of who I presume is Dario's family.

Everyone's laughing amongst each other and sipping on champagne. My eyes skim across the yard trying to find my mom but I quickly spot her near another couple who somewhat looked a-lot like Dario then my mind clicks, these are his parents.

I make my way over to them with a smile spreading my face and my mom instantly grabs onto my shoulders while she stands right beside me. The couple secretly give each-other a confused expression but quickly recover with a smile.

"Alessia, Dante this is my daughter Ariel Romero, Ariel these are Dario's parents." Alessia gasps softly, "Wow you're daughter! You are so beautiful Ariel its nice to meet you." Alessia's reaches for a hug and I accept with open arms, she was a-lot like Laura in a way and I enjoyed that very much.

"Thank you so much so are you Mrs. Amoretto." once she pulls away with a light scoff she waves a hand around in the air. "Please, you can call me Alessia."

I nod in return, "Ok then Alessia it is." and then the man, Dante braces me in a hug as well. "Its nice to meet you Ariel you look a-lot like your mother you know?" and again that makes my mom giggle so with a fake breathless laugh I nod, "So i've been told." Mr. Amoretto laughs it off, "But its nice to meet you to Mr. Amoretto." he nods.

For the past twenty more minutes the conversation between Dario's parents and my mom slowly tuned out from my ears and all I want to do is escape this stupid party but as mom reaches for the buzzing text message coming from her phone with a squeal earning eyes from the guests she motions to the door.

"Dario will be here in five more minutes everybody quickly make your way back inside to surprise him!" and with that we were all practically pushed back inside as we await for him.

The sound of the keys jiggling and inserting fills the silence in the air and once the door fly opens revealing the attractive man himself his brows immediately jerk up, clearly so confused.

"SURPRISE!!" the shouts holler from everybody his parents, his cousins, and every single family member the moody mans face instantly lifts with a smirk and with open arms the little kids come running up to him. "When did you all get so big." he groans and picks up one of the most adorable little girl.

My heart warms at the sight and im not sure why.

Dario catches my eyes for split second and his eyes immediately lower to my outfit, settling there for another second before completely blinking away and walking up to my mom, pecking her lips. "Thank you amore mio." my moms eyes soften and I glance away from the interaction.

When he's finished greeting a few other family members standing beside us, Dario walks right up to me and before even thinking things through I reach for his neck and pull him in a hug.

Dario's body tenses immediately but once his hand settled on my side he relaxes underneath my touch, I lift on my tippy-toes and place my lips against the shell of his ear. "Happy birthday Dario."

Dario is the first to break our interaction and clears his throat while loosening the tie wrapped around his collar, "Thank you Ariel."

An hour later we all returned back outside and thank god a cousin around my age starts talking to me other then my mom and her annoying fiancé. "Ariel!" I turn with an arch brow at the sudden shout coming from a few feet away and excuse myself from the cousin.