"Two normal games, and then it's the finals," I replied.

It was kind of weird to think that. My football career was almost over. It definitely saddened me.

"Are you getting in the finals?"

"We'll get in on the first round, but probably won't go further than that."

"Oh that's right, your school football team sucks," Josh said, and then laugh like a evil maniac.

I narrowed my eyes for my own sake. "Just because you went to our rival high school does not give you the right to shit on my team."

"It absolutely gives me the right to shit on your team."

"You never even played football," I pointed out.

"Deep in my heart, I did though. Deep in my heart, I helped my team annihilate yours."

"Well, from deep in my heart, fuck you."

Josh burst into laughter. "Love you too."

"You're annoying."

"I'm surprised, I had assumed that after you got some action you would be less wired."

"And why do you suddenly assume I got some action?" I asked him, not actually denying it, because, well, I couldn't, but I wasn't actually going to admit any of that to him.

What happened between me and Lexi was none of anyone's business.

I wasn't the kind of asshole that was going to run around town telling everyone what I did with my girlfriend.

It was private. Only between us two.

"Didn't you give Lexi a birthday present of the D persuasion? Wasn't that what we had agreed would be the best option."

I let out an exasperated breath. "I'm hanging up now."

"Can't wait to be an uncle in nine months!" Josh shouted before I said, "BYE!" and hung up on him.

I spent the rest of my day running on my treadmill and reading books and doing homework and basically trying to stay as much occupied as I could so I would not think back at what Lexi and I had done in the morning because I wasn't sure I was going to be okay if I did.

And Lexi was really acting like it was no big deal, just texting me a quick goodnight in the evening, like life was normal.

Life was absolutely not normal.

Safe to say I didn't sleep well that night.

It was back to school on Monday. I had practice after school today, so I didn't pick up Lexi in the morning.

I was at my locker, when Lexi's arms snaked around me, hugging me.

I turned around, and Lexi's arms stayed around me. She got on her tip toes and pressed a kiss to my lips, lingering there a little too much for the good of my sanity.

My arms went around her automatically, and it was all it took to bring me right back to yesterday morning, and her naked skin and her breathless sighs and I was going to die.

"Good morning," she said, grinning up at me.

Was it just me or did it suddenly get hot? I felt like my whole body was flushed.