thirtyone

The sun kissed Adriana's smooth skin the next morning. Birds were chipping, everything seemed peaceful. The first thing she did was yawning. Looking to her left side, her bed was empty. Pedro was nowhere to be found. Worried, she went downstairs only to meet her boyfriend in the kitchen, drinking a smoothie. Within a deep breath, she released all her concerns.

"Good morning! Did you sleep well?" Adriana asked Pedro, hugging him from behind.
"Mhh, can I have your phone for a second?" He answered distant, which made Adriana furrow her brows.
"Sure, what up?" She handed him her new phone.
"I just have to check something. I left mine upstairs." Pedro mumbled, tapping and swiping on her phone. In the mean time, the girl made herself a cup of coffee.

"So it's true?" Pedro looked up from her phone to Adriana, who was facing him with her back. When she turned around, their eyes locked.
"What is?"
"You was the last person I expected to be like this, Adriana." He said before putting the phone on the kitchen counter. Adriana was extremely confused, she had no idea about what he was talking. Within a second, Pedro had already left the house, creating no time for her to understand what was going on.

Adriana grabbed her phone, unlocking it before she checked what her last opened tab was. It was instagram, specifically the message inbox with no one other than Alejandro. She read through all the messages with a puzzled mimic. The girl didn't remember writing with him. Ever since she went back to Barcelona from Manchester, she didn't message him.
Now she knew what her boyfriend was referring to. She felt horrible.
But how did he knew about this?

When Adriana closed their chat, she saw how many notifications she got overnight. Not only on social media but also in her messages app. Many friends have asked her about a specific instagram post. She noticed that someone posted 'her' conversation with Alejandro. Adriana was so confused. How did the person get the screenshots from? Who did this? Did Alejandro think he was texting with her? What was Pedro thinking of her?
Probably the worst.

Especially Pablo spammed the girl's phone with messages, even some calls. Adriana didn't know what to do, so she gave him a call back.

"What the hell Adriana?" Was everything Pablo said once he accepted the call.
"I know it doesn't sound believable, but it wasn't me who texted with him."
"Then how do you explain this?"
"Well I- I don't know Pablo. But you have to trust me! You know, I would never do such a thing."
"I know. I was speechless when I saw everything this morning, but what do you expect people to believe? They don't know you."
"God even Pedro doesn't believe me." She sighed frustrated.
"For real?"
"Yeah he just left because of that. He didn't seem amused."
"I mean, I can't blame him." Pablo said.
"I know, Pablo. I know."