PROTECTOR

The rocks were kicked away as Shatru sat up with Karthik whose shield vanished making him breath fresh air while Shatru got up walking towards the river while Karthik yell "Stop".

Karthik rushed to Shatru blocking him "We need to find Prince".

"I need to save my master" Shatru tried to walk.

"Your master would want to complete our journey. And to do that we need to find Prince so we can get him to the destination" Karthik explained making Shatru look at the river and sigh looking down at his feet nodding.

"What about the Princess?" Shatru asked once they got out of the cave through the second entrance.

"For now our job is to find Prince that's all. We'll think about the Princess later" Karthik looked around.

"And how will you find him?" Shatru asked as he loaded the guns just like Prince showed him during the car chase.

"Those will not be enough for killing Paiditalli" Karthik took out a pendant from his pocket ordering "Get on your knees" making Shatru confuse but sat down on his knee.

Karthik took a deep breath as a thunder rolled in the sky stating "With the power vested in me as Raja guru and the last living member of the loyal family of the Chola empire I declare you as the protector of the royal throne and the personal guard of the King of the Chola empire" and put the pendent which looked like a shield around Shatru's neck making Shatru fall down as if he was electruoted and his eyes shined as if some power passed through him.

"You didn't answer my question Raja guru" Shatru said.

Karthik went down on one knee and took a fist full of the soil and smelled it before opening his eyes which were in green color like that a snake "We'll follow the smell" and started walking in the same direction the trio went.

"Where are we going?" Raaha asked sometime into their walk.

"The monk's chariot" Prince replied making Raaha nod.

"And what exactly is this monk's chariot?" Raaha asked again making Prince roll his eyes.

"One of the Raja guru's of our family predicted  that there will be a downfall for Chola empire. If such things were to happen, the people will detach themselves from the Kingdom and their King because either they will run away or got killed. In such times the powers granted by God himself will not be able to save the Kingdom. That's the reason our ancestor Raja Raja Chola found a solution for restoring our powers back and unite our people into an empire again. But if our rival Kingdoms got to know this there will be nothing left except ashes and blood that's why he created maps and handed them to the most trusted people to guard them so no one would find them at all" Prince narrated the tale he heard from his father and brother in his childhood.

"Except the true descendant Raja Raja Chola. And the first trusted person was the tribe" Raaha concluded making Prince nod while she continued "But the Pandiyans, they found us" making Prince look at Mutu.

"They killed our people" Mutu avoided their gaze making Raaha widen her eyes.

"Shouldn't you go back then?" Raaha asked making Mutu shake his head.

"Some of them must've escaped and waiting for my return. But I've to complete the first task as the chief. Protecting and helping Raja vare to his last destination" Mutu stated making Raaha sad and look at Prince.

"So how far is this monk's chariot?" Raaha asked.

"In the desert! But even if we found the monk's chariot, we do not have the scroll" Mutu reminded Prince since the scroll fell in the water along with Agasthya.

"One problem at a time" Prince said making them shut up and follow him silently.