Beauty and the Beast: Part Two

Chapter Seventeen

"Search the stables, you, check the kitchens. Alert the guard on the south gate," I hear Arthur tell his men as I round the corner

"What's going on?" I ask, running up to him.

"Merlin's been accused of taking Lady Catrina's seal."

That bitch.

I shake my head. "But he didn't do it, I'm sure of it."

"I know," he whispers.

I follow him down the halls and into his room where Merlin's working.

"You need to get out of here, the king's ordered me to arrest you," Arthur tells him.

"What?" He asks.

"Catrina's accused you of taking her seal."

"But I didn't!"

"They don't want to know, and you haven't got time to explain. If you value your life, you'll leave Camelot right now."

"Arthur she is a troll, and she's trying to set me up."

I stand beside Merlin and nod firmly.

"We've been through this... And not you too Trina! I know you hate her, but you don't have to be so rude."

"We're telling the truth," Merlin says.

"We saw her," I tell him.

"I don't care. You need to leave Merlin."

There's a knock at the door. "Sire," one of them men calls.

"Go," he says to Merlin. "Go!"

~~**~~

"I fear he may have slipped through our net," Arthur tells Uther. I stand next to him as he gives his report.

"You're very quick the give up the chase," Catrina comments.

"That's because I know my quarry is long gone," he answers.

"How can you be so certain?" Uther asks him.

"Despite appearances, Merlin isn't stupid. He must have got wind that we were looking for him, and left."

Yeah, we told him.

Minor details, minor details.

"Outwitting your army in the process," Catrina comments.

I commence my glaring.

"It appears so."

"I thought your men aspire to the same high standards that my father instilled in you. But obviously," she looks at me. "Not anymore."

I make my glare even more menacing.

"When I lead the army they did," Uther tells her.

"We don't even know if he's still in Camelot, he could be anywhere."

"And that's a good enough reason to give up?" Catrina questions.

Yes.

"No, I'm not. It's just that I believe that our resources..."

"I've heard enough of your excuses," Uther interrupts. "We both have." He takes the troll's hand and I recoil in disgust. "I want the boy found."

Arthur nods. "Sire. My Lady."

He turns to leave, and I follow him out.

"Your not actually going to do anything, right?" I ask him.

"As little as I can without getting in trouble."

I nod. "Good."

Because if they capture Merlin he's at so much more risk than an average person. So much more.

I hope for his sake, that he doesn't get caught.

~~**~~

"There's something important that I, we, wish you to address," Uther says to Arthur. "For too long the people have had it easy. They've grown fat off our indulgence of them."

"How so?" Arthur asks.

"We give them peace, protection, food. They give us little in return."

"Most of our people are poor, they survive on what few crop they are able to grow."

"That is what they would have us believe," Catrina voices.

"That's what I see everyday."

"We're introducing a new tax," Uther says.

"The people must pay for the sanctuary that Camelot provides," Catrina finishes.

"You can't," I interject. "The majority are barley able to get by as it is."

"Those who refuse to pay it will be arrested and publicly flogged," Uther tells us.

"We've lived this way for years, you've never suggested anything like this before," Arthur says.

"Maybe not to you," Catrina says. "The king has been confiding in me that he has been considering this for some time, haven't you?"

My eyes fall on the necklace with the red stone around his neck. As she says that, it lights up. That's how's she's controlling him... If I can find I way to wipe that out...

"Yes, I have. You are to begin the collections at once."

I shake my head, and follow Arthur out.

"You can't do it! You can't impose this tax! The people can't handle it," I tell Arthur once we leave the room.

"I know. But it's the king's orders..."

"But they're suckish orders! Use your better judgement. You can't enforce this, or they will starve."

"I realize Trina..."

"Then don't do it!"

He turns to me. "What choice do I have?"

I smile at him. "You always have a choice."

He shakes his head. "Lady Catrina isn't beautiful. No, I see it now. You are. Your eyes..."

I take a step back, surprised by what he said.

"Are a grey mess," I interrupt him. "Yeah, I know."

"I was going to say they're gorgeous."

I look up at him. "You can't seriously mean that..."

He smiles at me. "Of course I can."

He leans in, and his lips find mine.

I swear if anyone was watching they'd see actual freaking sparks.

A faint cough comes from the side of us, and we break apart instantly.

"Tut, tut. The prince can't be with one of his men."

Catrina.

I stare at her wide eyed for about a second, before I grab Arthur's hand and run off down the halls.

She won't be able to follow us, not with that dress on.

I stop in front of my room, push Arthur in, go in myself, slam the door closed and lock it.

I kick the door, and curse in Greek.

"She's going to tell Uther, damn it. I hate her more than anything. Gods she's going to tell Uther."

"Trina you're doing it again."

Speaking in Greek. "Right, sorry. I basically said damn her she's going to tell Uther. She's hell bent on destroying you, and me. I'm sure of it."

"And why would she want to do that?"

"So she can take over Camelot! Oh I see it now. Damn her to Hades."

"Hades, god of the underworld, right?"

I smile at him. "Yeah. When she dies, I hope she gets the Field of Punishment."

"Noted," a voice says behind me. I whirl around, but don't see anyone there.

There's a knock on the door behind me. "Miss Katrina, the king wishes to see you in the counseling chamber immediately."

I curse in Greek again, and kick the door.

"I'll be down in a minute," I reply.

"Trina." Arthur grabs my arm. "You say your good at lying, then prove it."

I nod. "Should be easy, your the only person I can't lie to. I don't know why, but I just can't."

"Or I just know you well enough to be able to tell when your lying."

I smile. "Or that."

I leave the room and go back down to see Uther.

"Someone says that you were spotted kissing Arthur, is this true?" Uther demands the moment I step foot in the room.

"Of course not. Who would make such an accusation?"

"I would." Catrina comes into the room through the back, and gives me a smug look.

I shake my head. "You must have been mistaken my Lady, or just seeing things. Nothing like this has ever happened, and never will."

I smile sweetly at her and Uther.

"Of course, of course. How could I ever doubt you?" Uther says.

"I don't know sire, and I'm very sorry for taking up your time."

I bow to him, and turn to go.

"You can't possibly believe her," Catrina snaps. "I saw it!"

"You must have been mistaken," Uther tells her.

Her mouth drops open and she stares at me. I smirk at her, and leave the room.

Charmspeak spell for the win.

But it didn't work on her. I just barley managed to get it to work on Uther, her magic must be really strong.

About two hallways away from my room, hands grab me and shove me up against the wall.

"I don't know who you are, or what you want, but I know that you had to have used magic to get him to believe you."

I glare at Catrina. "Get your bloody troll hands off me." I pushed her hands off of me, and she stares at me, mouth agape. "Lay one of your pathetic little hands on Arthur, and I swear you will rue the day you decided to come to Camelot."

"Who are you?" She asks.

I smile. "Your worst nightmare."

I turn away from her, and go back down the hall to me room. I slam the door behind me, and find Arthur waiting for me.

"He won't say anything for a little while, but I don't know how long it'll last. She's powerful, it took a lot just to convince him nothing happened..."

"You put a spell on my father?" Arthur asks.

I shake my head. "No... Well, yes... But no. It's not technically putting a spell on him, so to say. I just used charmspeak, it convinces a person to do what ever you ask or believe what ever you say. And it never works on you..."

"You've used... Charmspeak on me?"

I nod. "Yeah, when I've tried to lie to you about not sleeping... But it never works for some reason..."

"Well that's comforting."

I smile. "Good."

~~**~~

"What do you think you're doing?" Arthur asks one of his men, who's holding down a poor man.

"He's refusing to pay the king's tax," one of the men tells him.

"You are... You are asking for too much. I've given all I can," the poor man says to Arthur.

"Let me see," Arthur says, taking the bag of money.

Give the money back to the poor man. Make the right choice.

He hands it back to the poor man. "Release him."

A big grin forms on my face.

"But the king said..."

"Release him. Give them back their money, all of it."

I smile at him and follow him back up the street.

"What are you grinning about?" He asks him.

"You did the right thing."

He smiles at me. "Thanks Trina. I know I did."

"Cocky little nitwit."

"Shut up Trina."

I smile at him. "No, I'm good thanks."

~~**~~

"I gave you a direct order," Uther yells at Arthur.

"The people cannot afford to pay the tax."

"Don't tell me your naive enough to take them at their word," Catrina comments.

"We have their loyalty, their good will. Do not forsake that by making unreasonable demands."

"It's not unreasonable for his king to expect his subjects to obey him."

"They'll starve," Arthur counters her.

The red stone lights up again.

"Nonsense," Uther says, standing up. "We've grown too soft. Remember these are your subjects, not your friends."

"And why can't they be both?"

"Because we rule the people, not the other way around."

"I think your wrong."

I smile in satisfaction. Catrina glares at me.

"I beg your pardon," Uther snaps.

"I said your wrong. Without the people there is no Camelot. We're as much they're servant as they are ours."

"You allow him to address him in this manner?" Catrina asks, standing up and walking over to us. I continue to glare at her for added affect.

"No I do not. It will not be tolerated. You will take your men down into the town and go to every house, collecting the payments I demand."

"I will not," Arthur says.

I continue to smile, a sense of pride filling me. I'm so proud of Arthur for standing up for himself it's not even funny.

"Get out of my sight."

Arthur turns and walks out, and I follow after him. I can feel Catrina's eyes burning into the back of my neck.

I warned you bitch. Too far.

I follow after Arthur, not saying a word the whole way. I follow him into his room, and he slams the door behind him.

"How could he do this? What's gotten over him?"

"She's a troll, we keep telling you! She's put an enchantment on him, I saw her do it. What did you think I was doing that night you caught me spying on her? I've been suspicious of her since say one, and it turns out I was correct."

"That's a harsh accusation Trina."

He sits down and leans back in the chair, obviously upset.

"I'm still working out a way to break the enchantment. I figured out what the source is, and now I just have to destroy it."

"I still think your being too harsh."

"Look at what she's doing," I tell him. "She's controlling him. He's bending to her every wish. I can't understand how you can be so blind! She's trying to destroy you and me both. Look at her! She's a damned troll, I'm telling you. And if you don't believe me, all hope for this kingdom is lost."

He stands up, and looks at me. "And why's that?"

"Because deep down inside, no matter what she does, he still loves you. No spells, no enchantments can change that. If anyone can convince him to stop being so rash, it's you."

"You really believe that?"

I nod. "I'm certain of it."

There's a knock at the door, and Sir Leon appears at the door.

I learned one of the knight's names, I'm a genius!

"The king has sent for you."

Well this can't be good...

~~**~~

I follow Arthur into the room, and stand next to him.

"Father?" He asks

"I'm relaxing your duties, revoking your title."

"What?"

My eyes widen, and Catrina smirks at me.

Damn her.

"We live in dangerous times, I cannot allow you to undermine my authority."

"You've always welcomed my council in the past."

"You stood against me for all the people to see."

"I'm sorry, any future grievance I have will be held in private."

"It's too late for that."

"Father..."

"You are to be disinherited," Uther interrupts him. "With immediate affect. You are no longer crowned prince of Camelot."

My mouth falls open and I stare at him.

This isn't possible. Why would he do this?

"Sire, Arthur is your son, your natural heir," Gaius says.

"Gaius," Arthur stops him, pain in his voice. Arthur approaches Uther. "You've always taught me to be true to my heart, to be the man you've always wanted me to be, someone you were proud to call your son."

"My decision is final."

"Arthur," I call after him as he storms out.

"Not now Katrina," he says, leaving the room. I turn back to face Uther, tears threatening to fall over.

He never calls me Katrina unless he's joking around.

And he's not joking around.

"Queen Catrina will be named as rightful heir to the throne," Uther announces.

I shake my head at him, and run out after Arthur.

I go into his room without knocking, and find him on his bed, his face in his pillow.

"Go away," he orders.

"I'm not going anywhere."

He sits up. "I said go away!"

"He named Catrina as his heir, she's controlling him. You have to believe me!"

He looks up at me. "Just please leave."

I shake my head. "I'm not going anywhere, and you know it."

He sighs. "Yeah, I know."

I sit down in a chair by his bed. "Come on now, let out all your hate for Catrina, you can tell me."

"I hate you Trina," he says, smiling at me.

I roll my eyes. "I didn't mean me."

"I know."

"Come on, get up, stop moaning. I think you might have to go to the damned ceremony. And I do too damn it... I don't plan on wearing anything formal and there's nothing you can do to change that."

He smiles. "Fine by me. You shouldn't honour this occasion anyway.

I nod. "I couldn't agree more."

~~**~~

"We are gathered here to bear witness, to the naming of Queen Catrina as the rightful heir to Camelot."

I scowl as the minister guy says that.

She's not the rightful heir, Arthur is.

"Are you willing to take the oath?" The minister asks her.

"I am," she replies.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Camelot, to uphold the laws of the land?"

"I... Do," she says, scratching her arm.

Something's happening. A smile forms on my lips.

She's going to turn into a troll. In front of everyone.

This couldn't get much better.

"Will you, to your power, cause law and justice in mercy, to executed in all your judgments?"

"I will," she replies, clearly uncomfortable.

"Will you, to the utmost of your powers..." She pulls up her sleeve, and I manage to glance a patch of troll skin.

Hell yeah.

"What are you smiling about?" Arthur hisses at me.

"Oh you'll see in a few minutes. Just watch, and wait."

"Maintain the laws..."m

"Yes yes," she interrupts the minister.

"I'm sorry, you must let me finish," he tells her. "The wording must be exactly right to be binding."

"Well get on with it then," she snaps. "I mean really, where did you dig up this old crow from?"

"She's right," Uther says smiling. "Get on with it."

She keeps interrupting him as she reads. "Yes just shut up and give me the crown!"

Everyone looks around, startled, and I give Arthur an "I told you so" look.

She grabs the crown, and runs off down the aisle.

"Catrina," Uther cries, running after her, and still smiling.

Arthur, Morgana, and I take off down the hall after them.

We corner her in a room.

"What ever's the matter?" Uther asks her.

"I'm sorry," she stammers. "I don't know what came over me. I... I just felt suddenly hot. You do know, I think I need to be on my own right here."

"Are you alright?" Morgana asks her.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Really, thank you."

She grabs the door, and tries to get it open, but it's locked.

Magic.

Merlin.

Oh gods what the hell is he doing here?

"Let me," Arthur says, going to open the door. He approaches her, and sees her hand, which has become a troll hand.

"What's that?" He asks.

"What's happening?" Morgana asks as she goes full troll. "Somebody help her!"

I smile triumphantly. Way to go Merlin, I know you had to have had something to do with this.

"You're a troll!" Arthur exclaims once she's fully changed.

I smirk at him.

"How dare you speak about her like that!" Uther yells.

"What is wrong with you? Look at the state of her," Arthur tells him.

"I don't believe it," Morgana says.

Uther continues to smile at her, and the red stone glows.

That's some powerful magic right there.

She rips off the door, and runs out.

"She just ripped a door off its hinges, doesn't that tell you something?" Arthur asks Uther.

"Enough!" Uther snaps.

"She's a troll! A giant, grey..."

"Stinking," Morgana adds

"Magical," I throw in, smiling.

"Stinking, magical troll!" Arthur finishes, putting emphasis on magical.

"Stop it," Uther counters. "Haven't you hurt her feelings enough?" He picks up her shoes and the crown. "Insult my wife again and it'll be the last thing you ever do."

"She's a troll," I mutter as he leaves the room. Arthur and Morgana stare after him, wide eyed.

I continue to smile.

Arthur's going to hear about this later.

~~**~~

"Don't say I told you so," Arthur snaps once we're back in our end of the castle.

"Too late. I told you so, I told you so, I freaking told you so!" I say, jumping up and down like a two year old, pointing at him.

"Yes Trina, I got that much. Stop gloating. Now how do we stop her?"

"I'm working on it! She's a freaking troll, trolls aren't Greek! I don't have any book on the magic monsters of this land. Gods this is frustrating!"

"Then what are we to do?"

"Didn't I just tell you I don't know?"

"Katrina," Leon calls, running down the hall toward me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Uther has ordered me to arrest you."

My eyes widen. "What? Why? What the hell have I done that I didn't even know about now?"

"He's accused you.... Of..."

"Damn it it didn't hold... I told you." I turn to Arthur. "Got anywhere for me to hide? I don't exactly feel like spending a night in the dungeon, then getting in even more trouble for breaking out."

He nods. "I'll find somewhere. Thank you Sir Leon."

Leon nods. "I knew the accusations were false, so I had to warn you."

He walks back down the hall, and Arthur pulls me into his room.

"Let me in the closet, I'll do the rest."

He nods, and I slink off into the closet just as the door to his room flies open.

"We were instructed to search every room for Princess Katrina."

"I can assure you she's not here," Arthur tells them.

I picture the hallway outside his room in my head, and attempt to magically move something out there. There's a crash in the hall, and the men leave in search of a person that won't be there.

"You have to leave, now," Arthur orders me.

I shake my head. "I can't. You need me if you're going to get rid of Catrina."

He sighs. "Fine then. But where will you stay?"

I sit down in one of the chairs in his room. "Right here. I won't go to sleep just in case, we all know I'm skilled at that."

He shakes his head. "What ever Trina. But don't move an inch out of that chair."

I smile. "Alright, I won't."

~~**~~

"Arthur," I hear a voice hiss. "Arthur."

Arthur sits up in his bed and I look up from my sharpening. He rolls off his bed and draws a sword.

"Who's there?"

Merlin's face appears underneath his bed. "Merlin," he tells him, smiling.

Arthur jumps. "Your back."

"I never left."

"You mean to say..."

"Yes."

"You've been under there this whole time?"

I snicker. That would be funny.

"No, of course not."

Arthur points his sword at Merlin. "Because if you were..."

"I wasn't, I swear." He gets up from under the bed. "So, your step-mother is a troll then."

Arthur sits down at the table and picks up a knife. "If you say I told you so..."

"I wasn't going to, I wouldn't."

"Good, because I've already heard enough of it from Trina of there."

I smile and wave to Merlin.

"But it's true that if you'd listened to us earlier..." Arthur picks up the knife again. "Sorry. Gaius and I believe that your fathers been enchanted."

I jump up from my chair. "I told you so! Ha! I told you!"

Arthur throws his knife at me, and I easily duck away from it.

"You might want to take knife throwing lessons from me. Maybe... Tomorrow? You could use some work."

"Shut up Trina. You were saying Merlin..."

"We've found a way to break the spell but... We need your help."

"You did?" I ask. "How?"

Merlin gives me a sheepish look.

This can't be good.

~~**~~

"So your great plan is to kill me?" Arthur asks, summing up everything Merlin and Gaius just told us.

"No... Well, yes. Not exactly... It's... Gaius has made a potion that gives the appearance of death without the actual dying bit. It's fine, there's nothing to worry about. It'll only bring you to the brink of death."

Oh yes, nothing at all to worry about.

"Oh, only to the brink..." Arthur comments.

"We haven't got a choice."

"We have to make your father cry," Gaius explains.

"He doesn't care about me anymore."

I shake my head, and so does Gaius. "Nonsense. That's Catrina'a influence. I've known your father for many, many years. There's never been anyone or anything he's treasured more than you. It's perfectly safe. A single drop of the antidote will reverse the effects immediately."

"Antidote? What antidote? You didn't say anything about an antidote."

"I didn't think it was important," Merlin calls.

"The potion will lower your heart rate and breathing," Gaius explains. "For all intensive purposes, you will be dead."

"And the antidote reverses the effects?"

"Yes. If its administered in time."

So many ifs.

"If it isn't?"

"You will be dead."

"You just said it wasn't important," Arthur snaps at Merlin.

"Um, yeah. I suppose it is a bit important."

"Merlin will have the antidote. Once I have administered the poison, er the potion, he'll have half an hour to get it to you."

"Don't be late," Arthur says to Merlin.

"Am I ever?"

I snicker. "Every day."

He glares at me.

Arthur reaches for the potion. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Gaius asks.

"It's the only way to save Camelot."

Putting his kingdom before his life, the sign of a true warrior. Or king in this place.

"Have fun being dead," I tell him before he drinks it.

"Yeah, thanks Trina."

I smile at him, and he downs the drink.

He stands there for a little unharmed, then falls forward.

Gaius and Merlin catch him, and lay him on the ground.

"Kat, what do you plan on doing?" Merlin asks me.

I sit down besides Arthur. "I plan on taking this as an opportunity to work on my acting and lying skills."

He sighs. "Fine. And make sure Uther cries."

I smile. "Leave it to me."

"Time to break the bad news to Uther," Gaius says, turning to Merlin.

"Oh and Merlin," I call after them. "Be back in half an hour with that antidote, or you'll never hear the end of it from me."

He nods, and they both leave.

I look down at Arthur, lying there, seeming to be dead.

He's dead Kat. Get it in your mind that he's dead.

The tears star flowing, and I mentally smile, but don't break character on the outside.

I take Arthur's hand, and cry into, being as convincing as I can.

The door bursts open, and I hear Uther breathing heavily at the door.

Go time.

I will my tears to come down faster and stronger, and they do.

Uther collapses to his knees on the other side of Arthur. "My boy. It was my fault. I pushed you. Katrina, what happened?"

"I don't no sire," I tell him through my tears. "I was coming in to ask for his help with the men and... I found him here."

I make my sobs louder, and more genuine.

What if that actually did happen?

Oh my.... I don't know what I'd do.

Catrina comes into the room, and I look up at her, my eyes blazing.

Uther grabs Arthur and pulls him close, but I never let go of his hand.

"Come away, there's nothing you can do for him now," Catrina says.

Oh the insults I could fling at her now.

But I can't, for the sake of Uther not crying.

But I will after he does.

"I killed him," Uther cries. "I killed my only son."

She tries to pull him away from Arthur, but the deed has already been done. He's crying.

I smirk. "You good for nothing troll you did this!" I yell, caught up in the heat of the moment. "You and your bloody plan to take over Camelot did this. This would never have happened if you hadn't come to Camelot."

I jump up to attack her, but she blows me to the other side of the room with magic.

I slam into the wall and slide I the ground, the breath knocked out of me

Damn she can hit.

"Catrina?" Uther asks, the spell broken. "What kind of trickery is this?"

He jumps up, and gets pushed against the wall.

"How I suffered these last few week, allowing you to touch me...."

Ok, I'm done. Zone out time.

Where the hell is Merlin?

I see his slimy little face at the door, and he looks over at me.

"Guards!" Uther calls. "Seize it!"

Merlin runs across the room, and I jump up, brushing off the dirt.

He takes his little scarf thing, and squeezes it over Arthur's mouth.

"What did you do?" I ask him.

"Nothing, now go!"

I nod, and draw my sword, ready to join in the fight.

I charge at her, and block her hand with my sword.

She reaches for my head, and I block her just the same.

I strike for her stomach, and she grabs my sword and tosses it across the room, luckily not taking me with it.

I dodge her blows to either side of my head, and hit her square in the stomach. She cries out, and sends a blast of magic at me.

I can't do anything.

It hits me square in the chest, and I go flying across the room again.

As I slam into the wall, someone cries, "Trina!"

Only one person here calls me that.

Merlin did it.

Thank the gods.

I run my eyes, and watch Arthur attempt to attack her.

"Is that anyway to treat your dear step-mother?" She asks.

She flings him across the room, and he lands right next to me.

Uther attempts to attack her, but she easily punches him.

I point my hand at my sword, "Accio."

It flies into my hand, and I jump up to attack her.

I block her hand a couple times with my sword, like a typical sword fight you'd see on tv.

I hate that my mind is still in the twenty first century.

She goes for my feet, and I jump over her hand. She swings for my head and I duck under her blow.

She smiles. "Your good girl."

"Why thank you. I pride myself in being taught by the best of the best."

I dodge to the side of her swing, but she manages to hit my bag, sending me toppling to the ground.

I roll when I hit the floor, and jump right back up.

I swing my sword around. "I just can't be beaten."

She starts to use a spell. Oh damn.

"Protego," I mutter under my breath. More Harry Potter stuff.

I'm such a nerd.

The blast comes at me, but deflects off my shield.

I smirk at her. "I told you."

I notice Jonas draw a knife and run at Arthur, he he dives out of the way and picks up a sword.

He cuts Jonas, and Jonas falls to the ground.

The troll turns away from me, and runs at Arthur. I notice Merlin's eyes change color, what happens when he uses magic. The rug goes out from under the troll, and she falls to the ground.

Arthur stands his sword into her, and I wave my hand in front of my, dissolving my shield. I run over to him, and watch as she dies.

That was long overdue.

"That was some nice fighting Trina," Arthur congratulates me. "You do learn from the best, me."

I smirk at him. "Stop being so cocky, I wasn't talking about you."

He smiles. "I know."

~~**~~

I follow Arthur down the hall. "Merlin," he calls.

This can't be good.

"I want you to know that I never doubted you."

Yeah right.

Merlin give him a look, and he sighs. "Alright, maybe I did, but it's your own fault. You've got a suspicious look about you, shifty. Like you've got something to hide."

He does.

"I'm an open book."

"Don't believe that for a second."

I snicker, and they both glare at me.

"However, I do know that without your help, I would still have a troll as a stepmother."

Merlin nods.

"Well, thanks."

Arthur goes in for a hug, but then backs out at the last second. I attempt to hold in a laugh.

Oh you two make my life so much more interesting.

"What are you doing?" Arthur asks Merlin.

"I thought you went in for a hug," Merlin answers.

"No."

They both continue to hold their hands up, and I let out a laugh.

They both slowly lower their hands, and Arthur walks away, giving Merlin a weird look.

I burst out laughing as I follow him out.

"Ok, that was good!"

He turns to me, "Shut up Trina."

"Oh please, we all know you love my snarky comments."

He shakes his head at me, and I smile at him.

Did I happen to mention hellish wait yet?

~~**~~

A/N: I was gonna cut that end scene out, but then I realized how funny it was so I left it in XD does anyone actually read this and enjoy it? If you do, please tell me what you think! I really wanna know!

Love,

Kateeeeee