The Wrath of Ares

Chapter Three

"You take the hellhounds, and I'll focus on the lion. Got it?" I call to Arthur.

He glares at me, obviously not used to taking orders from a girl. But he nods anyway.

The lion lunges at me again, and I dive to the side, attempting to stab it in the eye. It dodges my blow, and turns around, snarling at me.

It comes at me again, and I duck under it, running my knife along the bottom of its pelt. It won't do anything, but I wanna see just how hard it is to break the skin.

Yep, it's hard.

"Where's the king?" I yell to Arthur as I dodge another blow.

"I think he's out hunting, but he's not here."

"Good."

The lion walks in circles around me, trying to find a spot to attack next. Wrong move.

I throw my knife at its eye, and hit it right in the center. It lets out a roar, and starts to run around, blinded in one eye.

"What is going on out here?" A female voice calls, coming into the square.

I turn to see Gwen and another woman running toward us.

"Not now Morgana!" Arthur yells at her as he drives my sword into one of the hellhounds. "I'm kind of busy."

She gasps as the hellhound Arthur speared turns into dust.

Another person runs up beside me.

"I've done it," Merlin tells me.

"How much longer?"

"I don't know, I think I just made it come here."

"You must be Katrina, I'm Morgana," the lady who just came out says to me.

I nod, "Hi. If you wanna help, I'd suggest running. Something much worse than these are coming." I say to her as I run out of the way of the lion, still not over the fact that it can't see in one eye.

"I'm not just going to run."

"Then go up to my room, there's a bow with some... special arrows. Go use that if you wanna be of any help."

She nods to me, and runs back into the castle, with Gwen following her.

I watch the lion run around, getting ready to aim my next blow. When I hit its other eye, the kill is mine.

"Uh Kat," Merlin says.

"Not now, I'm kinda busy."

I throw my knife at the other eye, and hit it dead on. I never miss.

The lion screeches, I've pissed it off now. But it also can't see.

"Kat!" Merlin yells again.

"Not now Merlin!" I yell at him.

I run at the lion, completely weapon less. I know what I'm doing. I think.

I jump over the thing, grabbing my knives as I flip in the air. I land on the other side, and it turns to face me, operating purely on sound.

"Come and get me!" I yell at it.

It dives at me blindly, and I stick my knife right up it's throat.

It lets out a yell, and disintegrates, except the fur.

I pick it up proudly, "Fur of a nemean lion. You don't get to say that's part of your armor everyday. Do you have anyone who could sew it in for me?"