In Flight to Greece

A/N: Yes, I realize that historically Sparta actually had two kings and other branches of government, I did my research, but for the sake of this story we're going to say that Sparta only has one king, and only that king. And I'm going to make all the names up, probably, so don't go and check my historical facts on the names and the government, I'm aware they're wrong. Although I might use Leonidas... Just cause... Also, I'm making everything up about what Sparta looks like because I can't find anything on what it actually looked like back then.

Chapter 12

"You don't have to do this Arthur, I should be making this journey myself," I tell him as I put the final bag onto the horse.

"I can't let you go all the way to your home by yourself. From what you say, its very far away, and I can't let you go alone."

I sigh. "What will Uther say? Will he really want you to come?"

"I don't care what my father says. I'm coming Kat, and that's that."

"Fine then, you can come. But don't make the mistake of only taking one horse again."

"Merlin," Arthur calls, and Merlin comes out with another horse, already loaded with Arthur's things.

I roll my eyes at him, and mount my horse. "You coming?"

He smiles at me and hops on his own horse. He turns to Merlin.

"Don't do anything stupid while we're gone."

"I might say the same to you," he replies. "Look after him Kat."

I nod. "Of course. He's safe with me."

The future of his destiny now rests in my very capable hands.

Lets just say he was not too happy when I told him he couldn't come.

Arthur rolls his eyes at me, and we head out, to Greece.

~~**~~

"Do you actually have any idea of how far away Greece is from here?" I ask as we travel through the lands of England, due south.

He shakes his head. "No clue."

We come up onto a ridge, and look down on the English Channel.

This should be fun.

"How do you propose we cross that?" He asks me.

I smile as I notice a Greek warship, not unlike Leo's Argo II, docked on the coast.

"By boat of course."

I kick the sides of the horse, and ride down toward the ship. Its just big enough for the two of us and our horses. Martir is treating us well.

"What kind of ship is this?" He asks as we climb aboard.

"It's a Greek war ship, and quite a big one I might add."

"How does it move?"

I mutter a spell to make it move as I lower the sail. "Like this."

The ship takes off into the open waters of the channel.

Arthur holds onto the sides of the boat for dear life. I smirk.

"Never been on a boat crossing a huge channel before?"

He shakes his head. "No, of course not. Have you?"

I smile. "I've been on a flying boat before. It was pretty sweet if you ask me."

"Katrina," someone says behind me.

I jump a mile in the air and turn.

"Damn it Martir don't do that again!"