Beauty and the Beast: Part One

Chapter Sixteen

I stand at Arthur's side as a woman and her servant come into the room.

"Lady Catrina, is it really you?" Uther asks her.

Woh. Hold you there a second. That's my name bitch, not yours.

Arthur looks over at me and smiles a little when he sees me glaring at her.

"I can hardly believe it myself," the woman, Catrina, replies.

She looks almost ginger. Damn.

"We had tidings from the north that the house of Trigore had fallen to invaders," Uther tells her.

"All that you heard was true my lord, and worse."

"Your father, the king?"

"Gone sire. The enemy attacked without warning, we were outnumbered ten to one. We could not endure. I would never have survived had it not been for my faithful servant Jonas. But we did survive, and we have made it this far."

She starts to fall over, and both Uther and Arthur rush to her aid. I grab Arthur and pull him back, all without taking my eyes off her.

"Forgive me my lord," she says. "I fear my trails have taken their toll."

"Your sufferings are beyond imagining, my lady." No they're not. "It would be an honour to help you in any way that we can."

No it wouldn't.

"A bed for the night would be most welcomed."

"Then consider yourselves our esteemed guests, it's the least we can do."

"Thank you," she replies.

"Why don't I get the title of esteemed guest?" I mutter to Arthur.

"Because your not a guest."

I smile. "We haven't exactly made that official yet."

"Then we must change that."

Uther dismisses the court, and Arthur approaches him.

"Father, Trina here is still technically only a guest in the castle."

"Are you asking me to make her a permanent member of this castle?"

Uther looks over at me. "Then make it so. She has done more for this kingdom than I can recall."

I'm officially a resident of Camelot. Score!

I smile and bow. "Thank you so much sire, for I plan on staying in Camelot for a long, long time."

He nods to me. "I am glad, you make a valuable addition to our army."

I bow to him one more time, before leaving the room to head for mine.

It's official.

Oh gods it's finally official.

Finally.

~~**~~

"Well this is wonderful, thank you," Catrina says as Uther, Morgana, Arthur and I gather around the table to eat. Arthur forced me to wear one of Morgana's dresses for this, said I had to be a bit more formal.

This sucks ass.

I've been glaring at Arthur ever since he forced me to wear it and I don't plan on stopping just because we're at dinner.

"It's an honour. The houses of Trigore and Pendragon have been allies for well... As long as anyone can remember," Uther replies.

"My father often spoke of you my lord," she tells him.