Chapter 14 : The Night

V: excuse me.. who are you?

Ar: who are you to ask me that?

V: for your Kind information.. I am Veer Oberoi.. her husband..

Mishti looked at him surprised at the conviction he said "her husband"

Ar: oh so you are Veer.. he let go off Mishti and hugged Veer tightly.

V: excuse me?

Ar: I so wanted to know you.. like who is that guy who has married this workaholic woman.

M: Veer.. he is Arnav. I warned you..

S: and I am Shristi..his wife.. don't mind he is like that dramatic only.. and they are close friend from college so I have to bear it.. now you too..

V: Hi..

Ar: so Veer what you saw in her to get married..?

M: Arnav.. shut up..

Ar: why Mish.. let me know whether your husband is good for you or not..

She rolled her eyes..

Ar: so tell me Veer.. what you saw in this  Mishti that you guys got married..?

V: sorted.. dedicated , passionate..self-sufficient..

Ar: and workaholic?

V: what is wrong in that if she loves her research and work..? she is dedicated to her work..and that passion is rare..yeah sometimes she goes overboard.. but it's ok..she is genius and crazy..and I like the person she is..

Mishti's eyes were wide open along with two other people Arnav and Sristi..

Ar: so finally my best friend got her soulmate and perfect match who will understand and value her passion and her.. nice. I am happy for you both..

Mishti and Veer looked at Arnav and looked at each other..

V: lets go for bowling..

Ar: Me and my wife in one team and you and your wife.. he pushed Mishti to Veer..and she landed on his chest..

M to V: but I cant play..

V: dont worry..just have fun.. it's not an exam that you have to top..

She smiled.. and realised their position and got straight..

He showed her how to pin down.. and eventually they won and gave hi five..

M: you guys lost Arnav.. you cant beat us..

Arnav smiled.. to see them happy..

Ar: surely..you guys are best team to beat us.

They all move to have dinner.. Mishti and Veer moved forward. and Arnav and Srishti were walking behind

S: why were you smiling..

Ar: because I am seeing her happy and smiling in real after so long.. you know I was so worried who guy would be..but after seeing Veer I know my Mish is in right hand..

S: do you think they love each other..?

Ar: may be not really.. but the spark..the love and the care.. yeah they are going to fall harder I can write it in a blank paper..

S: Mish is a tough nut to crack..

Ar: and love is the solution to crack any nut.. see I cracked you.. but Veer and Mishti are atleast of same kind..so confessing will be interesting..

They both laughed and followed Veer and Mishti. and all settled in a table

Ar: Let us order chinese.. it is Mishti's favorite..

V: ok

They ordered food..

Ar: you know what Veer in college she used to have fried rice chilly chicken everyday.. even street food.. I doubt whether that was even chicken or not..

M: that was chicken only..

Ar: she is such a foody..

V: I know that.. he smirked..I have seen the demo of her metabolism..

Mishti rolled her eyes and Arnav laughed..

Ar: but you gotta have a hard time to romance with her.. she is hard core unromantic.. 

Mishti rolled her eyes to stop..

But he continued

Ar: only workaholic.. and even she is an avid reader but reads books related to only work.. and no romance.. he laughed..

V: really Mishti? no romantic novels? only educational stuff? he smirked..

Mishti looked at him with pleading eyes not to reveal..

Veer smiled..

Finally they are done with the food..

Ar: what about dessert..?let me order  4 ice creams?

before Veer could say anything

M: wait he does not eat ice cream. you want caramel custard?

He nodded

Ar: nice Mish.. 

M: what?

Ar: nothing..you are behaving like a good wife...continue

He shot glare at him and continued ordering

M: 3 chocolate ice cream and 1 baked caramel custard

They all finished their dinner.. and hugged each other..

Arnav put his hand on shriti's waist ..

Ar: lets go love..bye newly wed..you both are invited at our place..so whenever you both are free let us know..and have a life full of romance and love..learn from us atleast.. he smiled and left in their car.

they looked at each other.. and went to their car.. and he started driving..

M: sorry he is a little crack in head.. but is having good heart..

V: it is ok.. they are fun.. and nice people..

M: yes.. cheesy romantic too..

V: so how many people knows that you read romantic novels in flight?

M: no one ..so don't blurt out..

V smiled..

V: secret.. nice.. by the way thanks for the treat..

M: you are welcome...

They came home , changed in nigh dress and settled in bed..

Mishti was having a smiling face..

V: you look happy when you are carefree..

Mishti looked at him

M: but sometimes it costs huge..

V: everything comes with a price tag in life. now it depends whether someone is ready to pay the price or not.. is not it?

M: you mean money can buy anything?

V: I said price not money..

M: hmm.. may be..

V: so only pay the price if it is worth it... 

Mishti looked at him like she is discovering a new layer of Veer's personality everyday.. the guy she got married to is so deep inside.. and she wants to know more.. and go deeper.. but whether it is worth the price to be paid?

she mentally scolded her for this thought.. and realised she was still staring at him.. but this time he too saw her..

V: you want to tell something..?

M: Thanks..

V: for what?

M: just like that..

Veer looked at her confused..

M: good night Veer.. sweet dreams..

V: you too.. he settled beside her in the bed.. and smiled while looking at her peaceful smile.. and slept