Chapter 11: Treat

In the evening

Veer came and talked to people in the cubicles...and then came to Mishti's desk..

V: I will be leaving for home in 15 minutes.

M: ok

V: what ok?

M: what do you mean?

V: you are coming with me to home. right?

M: no Veer..I will manage..

V: but we are going to same place Mishti.

M: so? I will go by metro..

V:firstly, If you have more money tell me I will reduce your salary.. Secondly You are working in clean energy and still not ready to share vehicle..

M: you are stubborn..

V: so final..

M: I don't want people to know our relation or talk something

V: I will wait at the parking at 6 o'clock..and left

Mishti gave an impossible look

Mishti left at 6 o clock and went to parking..and Veer was waiting..he unlocked the door.

V come inside.

She sat, put the seatbelt and he drove away..

After sometime...

V: tell me the truth for not coming with me to home..

Mishti looked at Veer..

V: truth Mishti.

M: I do not want to be dependent on you.. Amd don't want to start expecting anything from you.. It hurts when you get attached too much..so It is better to be professional..

Veer looked at her..

M: what are you looking at..?

V: you are too honest at anyone's face..don't know how to react..rare..anyway I too dont want you to be dependent on me....and now we are more professional officially.

Mishti looked at him..

V: share with me the fuel cost of the car..now it is fine right..?

M: but

V: who told you to join VR..now that our journey and destinations are same, I don't think it is smart to go separately..

Mishti looked at him speechless..

V: anyway are you free today?

M: when?

V: now?

M: are you mad.. I am with you right now..

V: i mean do you have any plan?

M: for what?

V: night..

M: come to the point Veer.. Why are you complicating things and playing word games.

V: I mean..if you are free. will you come with me to a place for dinner now?

M: where?

V: downtown..

M: why?

V: because I got the deal and you too told yesterday..so thought of celebrating with you..and eventually you are the one who will do the project now..it is your project too..so yes..

M: what about the dinner cooked?

V: how umromantic..your husband is taking you out and you are thinking about the maid cooked dinner ?

Mishti looked at him..with the look like what are you saying..

V(in mind) : what is wrong with me.. Why am i talking like Ayaan and Rey..

V: sorry..joking..just professional.. Atleast not as husband wife as roomies and friend we can celebrate it right..your joining and my deal..

M: then we should share the bill too..

V: no you will give after you get salary in next month.. today it is my treat..

They reached there..

M: so vibrant place..

V: I know you dont like party..

M: it is ok.. I love food.

He smiled. They went to a restaurant and ordered food.

V: I like the food here..

M: it is nice. First time for me..

Veer smiled.

V: dessert?

M: ice cream..?

V: Have it.I dont eat ice cream..

M: are you human..?

He came near to her ear..no robot..that's what everyone calls me..heartless robot...he smirked..

Her heart started beating faster...so she just focused on her ice cream..

She started eating like a kid..with so much passion..

V:while eating you look sane and cute..i mean less serious..

Mishti looked at him..

V: I mean how cutely you are eating this icecream. Vanessa used to eat like that when she was a kid....you know..she was cute..now so irritating..

She smiled..not that irritating too..

V: yeah yeah..i only know..

They finished and he paid the bill..

M: thanks for the dinner...

V: yesterday you got too..

M: was this a payback..?

V: no..deal treat..you are yet to payback once you get the salary..

M: deal..

V: lets go home..