14. Chapter Fourteen.

I sat on the edge of the bed, rocking back and forth as I took in the ambiance of the room that Dimitri had left me in. It was a stark contrast to my opulent bedroom back at Asentrix, with a more modern look and a spacious layout.

The cool, minimalist decor and the sleek furnishings was quite nice to see, this family must be filthy rich.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the bedroom door, and I froze in fear, clutching my pregnant stomach protectively.

My thoughts raced, and I wondered if it was Sofia, coming to kill me and my unborn child. But then I heard Nico's voice calling out from the other side of the door, and my anxiety began to dissipate.

With a deep breath, I stood up and made my way to the door. As I opened it, I was greeted by the sight of Nico and Rico standing outside, their faces etched with concern. Before I could even say a word, I flung myself into their arms feeling relieved.

They both dropped my luggage to the floor and held me tightly, offering words of comfort and reassurance. For a moment, I forgot all about my fears.

I pulled away from Nico and Rico, as they patted my head and I looked up at them with gratitude. "Gosh, I'm so glad the two of you are here," I said, my voice shaking with emotion.

Nico and Rico exchanged a look, and then Nico spoke up, his voice steady and reassuring. "Don't worry about it, Rena. We're here for you, no matter what. We knew the risks when we agreed to help you, and we're prepared to face the consequences."

I felt a pang of guilt wash over me as I realized just how much they had put on the line to help me. "I'm so sorry I got you two in this mess," I apologized, feeling terrible for pulling them in.

Nico shook his head, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "We would do it a hundred times again for you, especially since Dimitri didn't rat us out to our father," he chuckled, his hand reaching out to wipe away my tears. "We just hope all of our tracks are cleaned up and untraceable."

I nodded, feeling a bit reassured by his words. "I hope so too," I said softly. "I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me."

Rico spoke up then, changing the subject. "I heard you met our parents today," he said, his tone curious. I felt a shiver run down my spine at the mention of their parents, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.

"Yes I did. I wasn't expecting it to be like that at all, but then again, I hadn't really thought about what it would be like to meet them. It just never crossed my mind," I answered, still feeling a bit overwhelmed from the experience.

"And what did they say?" Nico and Rico looked at me with concern.

"Well, they mostly spoke in Italian, but your father was quite aggressive. I got the impression that he doesn't like me very much. Your mother, on the other hand, was very friendly, yet there was something intimidating about her. She also seemed a bit...quirky and sweet at the same time," I explained, trying to find the right words to describe the complex emotions that meeting their parents had stirred up in me.

Nico let out a small chuckle, while Rico simply nodded. "Yeah, that sounds about right," Nico said, as if he had expected nothing less.

I took a deep breath before asking the question that had been nagging at me. "Did Dimitri kill Domenico?" I watched as their eyes darted around the room, both of them looking uncomfortable.

"No," they both said in unison.

"But then what did Dimitri do with him? I haven't been able to reach him, and he knows that I went on a date with Domenico," I ranted, feeling my anxiety levels escalating.