Chapter 25: Protector

Start from the beginning

Y/n: I know... But as long as I wear that mask, it cant happen. 

Weiss: It can't or it won't?

I looked Weiss in the eyes when she asked that. She looked hurt but was otherwise unreadable to me. So much was happening right now that I just couldn't figure her out. I lowered my head and she sighed. She had gotten me good. This was not what I had hoped for when I asked to meet her. Hell, she probably doesn't want anything to do with me now. But that's for th-

Weiss: Can I at least text you from time to time?

Y/n: Huh?

Weiss: ....To make sure that you don't get yourself killed....

Y/n: ....Yeah.... I would like that.

Weiss smiled gently. The hurt was still present on her face but it wasn't as prominent as it was the entire conversation. I was just glad that she didn't hate me, even if that would have been best. Letting her get close to me was not good, but I couldn't help myself. As much as I wanted to keep her safe, it seemed that she wanted to do the same for me. How could I possibly stop her from that. She's gone so far as to enroll in Beacon, so she certainly means business. 

After my little scolding, we sat together and talked about anything and everything that came to mind. It was nice talking to her again, but in the back of my mind, a small voice was reminding me how much of a bad idea it was to be around her. I had to actually shake the thought from my mind. For one day, I would be a normal guy. I deserved one day, right? 

Without realizing it, time had flown by. The sun was setting and we hadn't moved from our spots a single time. For the first time in years, I had a genuine smile on my face. Weiss' smile was there from start to finish. We both knew time was up but we didn't care. The fact that we got to spend the time together was enough. 

Weiss: It's time for me to return to Beacon.

Y/n: I'll walk you to the airship.

Weiss: What a gentleman.

Y/n: I try...

We both laughed at how silly this was. True to my word, I walked her there. I put my hood up so that my face was covered. I didn't want to risk someone recognizing me. I may look different from when I was a child but it was still a real possibility. 

Weiss: I had a lot of fun today.

Y/n: I'm glad. I had fun too. 

Weiss: *Gasp* You know what fun is?

Y/n: Ha Ha, very funny...

Weiss: *Giggle* Who would have thought you would be so easy to mess with.

Y/n: Careful there princess, you're not being very proper right now~

Weiss blushed and looked away. clearing her throat, she looked back to me. The blush was still there. I know I was teasing her but did it really get to her? 

Y/n: Weiss, wh-

Weiss shot forward and gave me a quick kiss. I was stunned at the gesture. Weiss blushed deeper and turned away. It was a lovely moment that I wished lasted forever. 

Weiss: That was for how much fun I had with you... And since you didn't want me to tell you how I felt all that time ago.... I thought I'd show you...

Y/n: *Chuckles* See you around, Princess.

Weiss turned back for a moment and smiled. It would probably have been the highlight of the day if it hadn't been for that kiss. Weiss got on the airship and not long after, it took off. My eyes never left it as it flew off towards Beacon. After it disappeared from view, I turned and walked away. The smile from before ever present.