The Beginning of the End

You opened your eyes slowly. At first, you were completely confused as to where you were, but soon remembered the events from last night. You shivered. It hadn't stopped raining, but it had calmed down a little at least. You sat up. You couldn't believe you actually fell asleep on a park bench. Your ears dropped as you looked up at the sky...you really thought the rain would be done by now. It was still absolutely freezing, but at the moment, you were so hungry you didn't care about the coldness seeming to pierce into your skin. You reached for your bag and pulled it onto your lap. Everything inside was soaked. You sighed...soggy food definitely didn't sound appealing.

You placed the bag back on the bench next to you. Ugh, how did Shadow do this all the time... Shit! Thinking of Shadow made you remember his motorcycle. You'd have to go get it...then you guessed start heading back towards the base. "What a waste..." You mumbled, picking back up your bag and standing up. You walked back towards where you left the bike and were relieved to find no one had taken it, because you knew Shadow would literally beat your ass if you had lost it.

...The fact that you had taken it without asking...He'd be mad...but what he doesn't know can't hurt him. You were still worried about driving in the rain though...besides, you knew all that wind on your skin right now would be an unimaginable pain. You leaned your back up against the building you had parked the bike behind before sitting down. It was so cold... It was spring...you thought it wasn't supposed to get this cold anymore.

You closed your eyes. Don't fall asleep... You were lucky to wake up last time...don't make that same mistake again. You suddenly heard a strange noise making your eyes snap open.

"Y/n!"

You felt your arm get grabbed and you were hoisted off the ground coming face to face with Shadows chest. You pulled back in surprise, bumping against the wall and almost losing your balance. "W-What are you d-doing here?" You shivered.

"I came to get my bike back, you little brat! How did you even know how to drive— Are— Are you okay?"

"...I'm sorry I took your bike." You apologized.

Shadow sighed. "...It's fine...are you okay?" He repeated.

You shook your head. "If I'm being honest, then no, I'm really not."

"...Why did you come out here?"

You didn't respond.

Shadow let out another sigh, his eyelids lowering. "You're a difficult woman to look after..." You still didn't respond, but the fact that he had used the word woman made a smile begin to tug at your lips.

"Come on, let's go." He said, grabbing onto your wrist. "I can teleport us back."

"What about your bike?"

"I'll just teleport right back and get it." Before you could say anything else, you felt the teleportation process happen and before you knew it, you were back in the base. "You should go take a hot shower or something. Your body temperature is lower than it should be." Shadow exclaimed, feeling your forehead. You unintentionally nudged his hand off you before looking back down. "...Everyone's planning that party for tonight, so you should try to get ready before then."

"...Will you go?" You spoke up.

"I prefer to be alone..." He stated, before teleporting out of sight. You let out a sigh before doing as you were told. It was still quite early in the morning so you had plenty of time. You still didn't think this party was a good idea though.

It was coming near the time for the party to start. And damn, this would be the biggest party you'd ever go to. The whole city was showing up...and you couldn't blame them. There was games, a ton of food, a live concert...apparently Sonic, Tails, and Amy were a band...and to top it off, there would be a whole firework show at the end. You expected nothing less from a party that had both Sonic and Rouge as the planners though.