Unmasked

You sank deeper and deeper. It was dark and cold and you were afraid...afraid you wouldn't make it out of this one alive. There was no way. You just kept slowly sinking downwards, it's probably gonna be like that till you hit the bottom. Not like this... You kept telling yourself. You just escaped the inescapable, you couldn't give up now. It hurt a lot though. You believed you had hit the water at a good angle, slightly more on your back though. You wouldn't be surprised if your entire spinal cord was broken.

Your eyes were slightly open, letting in very little light. Suddenly they came upon something bright, very bright. A light...like a star shining above the water. What the, was that the sun...maybe the moon? Why was it right above you? The sun was about to set when you had jumped, and there was no way the moon could be right in the middle of sky after just a few moments...let alone the sun, the time would have had to reverse.

You opened your eyes all the way and realized that it was the sun. It looked like it was falling right towards the earth. There was no way!

It seemed like all the pain you had just been in a moment ago went away. You were so fascinated by this sight. It was bursting with color, a vibrant red and yellow. You couldn't die now, it was so...beautiful. You needed to see it better!

You began to angle yourself upwards. You could feel your breath becoming short as you paddled up towards the surface. You started to feel light headed as you swam, but you were so close, you would make it. Just a moment later your head bobbed up to the surface. You took in a large breath with a gasp.

You then looked up and saw that the sky was back the way it had been before you jumped. What the hell just happened? Wait, oh my gosh... It was then that you realized you were alive, you were actually alive! You escaped! You looked up to the top of the lab, and saw all the robots gathered near the edge you had jumped off of. I guess one of them figured that if you survived the jump, then they could too, but that's not what happened. A robot soon came flying off the lab and into the water with a large splash, pulling you under the water once more. You fought at the waves for a moment before bobbing back up to the surface.

The robot must've been pulled immediately under by its weight, either that or it exploded. You weren't to sure and you really didn't care to find out. What you did care about finding was a way to shore. There had to be some sort of land nearby...right? But there was no way you could swim there. Damn, you had messed up big time...but at least you escaped.

The robots were starting to throw things down from the lab now. Tables, lamps, even the axe you had used to escape. Shit! You quickly moved out the way to dodge the objects. Gosh, you were so happy that Orbot and Cubot didn't act this way...you would sorta miss them.

A table suddenly fell right next to you, breaking your train of thought. You were about to move away from it when you came up with an amazing idea. You could use it as a raft! You saw the axe bobbing above the water near you and you picked it up realizing this could be used as a paddle. You soon pulled yourself up on the table and you stayed a float. Brilliant.

You began to paddle towards the shore. You thought you could almost see it in the distance. You knew you could make it.

Awhile later, It seemed like you must've been paddling for at least half an hour, 45 minutes, maybe even a full hour. The moon was starting to rise in the sky and you were starting to get tired. You laid down on your back across the table and stared up at the sky. "I'm sorry...sorry I couldn't save you." You whispered quietly, as you thought about Karlee. You couldn't believe you had left her there. You should've gone to get her before the master emerald. That would've been a smart decision for another reason too. You were sure the both of you combined would've been able to carry the master emerald out of there. Oh well, you would go back for her and the master emerald. With the help of your clan Eggman would be out numbered.