chapter eighteen

PARIS, FRANCE

"neymar!" i scolded as he grabbed another apple from the bowl, he threw his arms up defensively. "stop eating them all.. i'm trying to bake." i grabbed it from his hand, a laugh escaped his lips.

"i'm sorry." he wrapped his arms around my chest, laying a small kiss on my cheek. i bit down on my lip, hiding the smile which was about to shine on my face. "no. actually, i'm mad at you." he remembered, dramatically trailing his arms around.

i stuttered over my words, looking up at him as his eyes narrowed down on me. "i love you?" i raised my eyebrows, him rolling his eyes in response.

"you know.. one great way to make it up to me.." he leaned closer to my ear as i pushed his face away, laughter filling the room.

"can you two please stop talking about sex when i'm right here." our eyes landed on my father who was sat behind the cupboard, trying his best to read the newspaper which was written in french.

neymar covered his face turning a deep shade of red, my father shaking his head. "well then stop lurking." i pointed the knife in his direction.

"i'm going to go see davi." neymar mumbled, pressing another kiss to my cheek before eagerly making his way out of the room.

"you're always cooking, on your feet.. sit down." my father made his way over to me, trying to snatch the knife from my hands.

i scoffed, grabbing another apple. "i can't work.. i can't drive.. i can't walk more than five meters before i need to pee.. let me have this." i cried out, him shaking his head at me.

he lifted his arms up, walking away from me. "okay. okay." he mumbled before leaving me alone. i took a small breath, putting the remainder of the apples in the pie. i opened the oven, shoving it in.

i looked around the house, my mother and nadine were cleaning up. "you don't have too! that what neymars for." i shouted over at them only to be ignored. "fine, fuck y'all." i muttered to myself, grabbing my phone and walking towards the stairs.

i heard neymar calling my name already half way up the stairs i choose to unhear my name. i collapsed back against the bed, i felt the tears well up in my eyes as the minutes passed.. letting the reality of the past few months settle in.

"hey baby, where's the ball- are you okay?" his face was peaking through the door but before i could even register his presence he was kneeled next to me, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "anjo.. what's wrong?" he spoke out softly, my face in his hands.

"nothing." i waved his worries away, "it's just.. i haven't had a second to myself where i could actually take it all in. whenever i had a moment to actually live in it, someone or something happed you know?" i let out a sharp inhale, not knowing necessarily where all of the emotions were coming from.

he smiled down at me, his thumbs gently grazing across my cheeks. "i know.. it's a lot. but just tell me when you're overwhelmed, or when you need an hour to yourself. i can cook some beans." he teased, a small laugh coming from my lips.

"no it's not that.. it's just.. we're having a baby neymar." i choked out, now he was crying with me. "i just never thought this could happen for me.. i just, i'm just too happy for myself to process it all. i love you so much." i rested my forehead on his lips. 

"i love you too.. and noelle. we're having two, one of them is going to be pissed." he joked, pressing a loving kiss to my head. his arms snaked around me, pulling me closer to him. "have a bit to yourself okay?" he began to pull away before i hooked my hand around his wrist.

"no.. just.. stay with me for a minute." i whispered, seeing him lay down next to me on the bed. he shuffled down the bed, his hand laid on my bump. "you think i'll be a good mom?" i asked, his eyes looking up at me with confusion swirling inside of them.

"noelle.. you're already an amazing mom to davi. you're going to be the best mother, don't doubt that okay?" he told me, feeling the part of me that was worried i would mess it all up melt away with his words. "your mom is the best okay? but i'm the better parent, she says no? come ask me. i'll say yes.. you guys want to drink? i'll have a beer with you. just don't tell the boss huh?" he talked to my stomach, making me laugh.

"one thing you're not going to do is give my children alcohol before they're sixteen neymar." i scolded, a chuckle coming from his lips. "and don't listen to him.. i've got him wrapped around my finger. i say no, he'll say 'whatever your mamãe says.'" his face light up as i spoke, shaking his head in disagreement.

"lies. she's a big fat liar." i smacked the back of his head, my eyes narrowing in on him. "what?" he laughed out, earning another swift slap. "i'm sorry." he grazed his across my knuckles.

"oh my god. i'm english right? and your brazilian?"

"you just figured that out noelle? just right now? god.. they're going to be stupid huh?" he teased, a playful expression on his face.

"ha. ha." i replied bluntly much to his amusement. "no, if they're footballers.. will they be french? am i giving birth to the next pogba's?" i gasped out, his eyes rolling.

"no. they will be brazilian.. can't be english, you want them to win something right?" he joked, earning himself yet another hit to the back of his head. "i'm joking.. but we've talked about this! when we retire we're moving to brazil." he moved himself back up the bed.

"hmm.. yeah. i guess so.. but all you brazilian footballers end up in jail." i laid my head on his chest, hearing him hold in a laugh at my words before asking who. "uhh, ronaldinho, dani alves, adriano, robinho.. breno!" i shouted out, his mouth gaped open at my list.

"why do you know so many?" was the only question he asked, i shrugged not knowing why i had a very niche knowledge of the subject. "not me though." he said cockily.

"they tried." i said under my breath, a glare coming from my husbands eyes before we both laughed out at the absurdity of the subject we were discussing. "let's go save davi from our parents." i patted his arm. 

"you sure? you can stay up here for a while.. i'll sherif." i shook my head at him, pushing myself up from the mattress and taking the hand which he held out for me.

"no.. i like chaos." i scrunched my nose up, a grin appearing on his face. he cupped my jaw before gently pressing his lips onto mine, i placed my hand on his cheek.

"i love you noelle.. don't think for a second you won't be the most amazing mother okay? or i'll slap you.. earn my place in that list." my jaw dropped slightly from the ending of his sweet sentence.

"i'm cancelling you." he shook his head at my words, wrapping his arms around me as we walked towards the stairs and down to our family.

-

just a short sweet chapter,
hope it was okay ! ty for reading !