chapter ten

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

i opened the door of the hotel, watching neymar and davi bicker over what to watch on the television. "ugh! multar. qualquer que seja." davi rolled his eyes and fell back on the bed.
(fine. whatever.)

i smiled at the two of them, neymar looking over at his pouting son before grabbing him and attacking him with kisses, davi shouting out and laughing at him.

i closed the door, the two of them looking over at me. "você escolhe, eu vou falar com a noelle ok?" he looked down as davi nodded, smiling at me.
(you choose, i'm going to go talk to noelle okay?)

i smiled back, neymar holding out his hand, i took it and we walked into the bedroom. "hungover?" he asked as i laid back on the bed, happy i won't have to wake up every morning with millie stood over me watching me.

"slightly." i chuckled softly, laying a hand on his cheek as he laid down next to me. "i meant what i said.. i'm retiring from the national team." i told him as he sighed, rubbing small circles on my wrist.

"you just got back anjo.. why would you want to retire? you're only turning twenty-seven in a few weeks." he asked, letting out a small breath as i moved my head to lay on his chest. his fingers tangled in my hair, stroking through the loose strands.

"i'm not as good as i was.. that's a fact. one that i can live with! i'm still good, i'm fucking amazing. but there's better people.. and i took this spot from a really talented young girl. i've won everything i could imagine neymar.. euros, world cup, i've won champions leagues, supercopas, league f's.. d-ones, the wsl, everything!" i chuckled out, slightly amazed by my cabinet..

football was everything to me, sure the trophy's were amazing but that's not why i did it, why i do it.. i do it because it's my passion, my comfort.

he nodded, closing his eyes listening to me. "if this is what you want.. then i'm with you. all the way." he spoke out, pressing a small kiss to my head. "i'm older than you.. think i should retire?" he joked as i rolled my eyes.

"obviously not. it's different.. you're the best on your team, in your county, one of the best in the world. i'm not even the best on the bench." we both laughed at my remark, him defending me.. against me? "you have so much more to offer, and i hate travelling so much." i cried out.

he let out a hearty laugh, shaking his head at my words. "so. whats next then?" he looked down at me, my eyes attached to the ceiling.

"i want to focus on the club.. on us." i heard davi laughing at the television in the other room, "on him.." my eyes moved over to him, his eyes narrowing at my wide grin.

one isn't usually this happy after announcing that they're no longer going to represent their country any more. "why are you grinning?" he asked, hitting my nose with his.

"i think we should have a baby." i watched as the blood drained from his face, "wow. just how every girl dreams her husband would react to that." i teased.

his face almost immediately brightened as i watched the gears turn behind his eyes, his whole demeanour going through a season of emotions. "i'll tell him to go wait in the hallway we can start now." he raised an eyebrow as i hit his chest.

he wrapped his arms around me tightly, pressing a kiss to my head once again. god i love forehead kisses. "i'm going to go watch tv with my step-son.. you sit and think about what you just said." i scolded, leaving him laughing.

"o que estamos assistindo bebês?" i asked davi, him making space next to him as i sat down, he passed me a pillow and i impulsively wrapped my arms around him.
(what we watching babes?)

"stop hugging me! you're both so annoying." he rolled his eyes, he laid his head on my chest as i ruffled up his hair. neymar leaned on the wall, watching the two of us as we talked about the show, laughing and arguing over the simplest things.

-

"me mande uma mensagem quando você pousar, eu te amo." neymar gave his son a hug, i did the same for the rest of the people around us.
(text me when you land, i love you.)

i rested my hand on his shoulder, watching them board the plane. "come on, you'll miss your flight. i'll see you at home next week." he whispered, snaking his arm around my waist.

he dipped me slightly, his lips meeting with mine as my hand balled up in his curls. i smiled against his lips, feeling him hold me tightly.

"noelle!" i broke away from the kiss, looking back over at georgia who was shouting my name, egging me over.

"call me when you land okay?" i brushed my thumbs against this cheeks, "bye." i pecked his lips once more, running over to the plane which was waiting on me, his eyes not leaving me until i stepped on.

i sat down next to lucy, laying my head on her shoulder. "what did you need to talk to us about?" he asked, i closed my eyes and shook my head.

"i'll tell you later." i mumbled,

-

lioness to win the wc🙏🏽
<3