Chapter 31

The next few weeks were so boring. I could right now be planning attacks while I'm on bed rest eating salad every day. At least I always had company over. Fitz left the infirmary and was now on crutches. He brought me some of my favorite reads to keep me company in the morning and at night. 

I heard a knock on the door and set down my book and saw Fitz enter the room with his crutches and he sat on the cot next to mine. 

"How are you doing?" he asked as he set his crutches on the cot and rested his hand on mine. 

"Fine, but I get bored. I still don't see how I have to stay 2 weeks in here," I whined, pouting. 

"Hey, Elwin said for you to heal correctly you have to stay in here, besides a week has already passed and maybe he'll let out early," I sighed. 

"Let's hope so. So have you been going to meetings?" Fitz shook his head. 

"No and thank god I'm not, but I'm sure when you leave the infirmary that there will be a lot of meetings we'd have to attend. But anyways apart from that, I got you something," he pulled something out of his pocket, he pulled out a box that had a silver necklace that had two hearts linked together and our names were on them. 

"It's beautiful Fitz, thank you," he smiled. 

"Do you want me to put it on you now?" I nodded my head and lifted my hair to allow him to put the necklace around my neck. When he finished he set the box on the cot resting his hand on my knee.

"How's your leg?" He shrugged. 

"Better. Elwin said he's taking the cast off in a few days," he answered. 

"I can't wait to get out of here." 

"And you will soon Sophie, you can today," I heard Elwin's voice say. 

"Really?!" Elwin nodded. 

"Yup. You've seemed to heal faster than I had expected so I'll let you leave earlier. But I need you to swallow these pills before you're allowed to leave. And Fitz please escort her to her room," he said as he handed me three pills and a glass of water. I gulped them down in an instant. 

"Okay Sophie, even though I'm letting you out I still want you to check up at least once a week for 2 weeks." I nodded and got out of the cot, very happy I'm using my legs again. Although it's been a little too long since I've used them so I held on to Fitz's hand for balance. Once I gathered myself I let got of his hand and we both walked to my bedroom and I longed for a nice warm long shower. And my bedroom stayed the same as I last saw it. 

"I'm going to take a shower," I say. 

"All right, then once you've finished we can finally check out our new bedroom!" He said smirking. 

"You still haven't seen it?" He shook his head. 

"Of course not, it's a surprise for both of us, it wouldn't be fair if I saw it before you. Besides you would've probably gotten mad at me if I did see it," I rolled my eyes. He kissed my cheek before exiting the room, letting me shower. 

I grabbed a towel and entered the bathroom, looking at how dirty I looked in the mirror. Thank god Elwin let me out early. 

(After the shower)

I stepped out and wrapped the towel around me and exited the bathroom and grabbed my clothes that sat on my bed. After getting dressed, I brushed my hair which was absolutely filled with tangles so it was a very painful process. I hair dried my hair and then decided not to do a ponytail and on cue I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in," and then I saw my husband's head peak through. 

"You ready?" I nodded and walked to the door.