Chapter 15

After me and Fitz's discussion in the stables, he told me that I should change into something more comfortable and said he was going to pick me up in 10 minutes. 

Once he arrived he told me to close my eyes and he guided me who knows where. 

"Open your eyes," he said. I opened my eyes to see Everglen's ice rink. 

"Surprise!" I ice skated like once and I never did again. 

"Why?"

"Please don't tell me you don't want to skate because of the incident." 

"I fell down and was knocked unconscious!" he rolled his eyes. 

"That was 10 years ago! Besides, I'm here," he said with a wink and a smirk. 

"Last I recall you fell on your butt several times," he rolled his eyes. 

"Like I said, it was 10 years ago. And I've practiced, so I'm kind of a pro now. Now will you please give it a try?" he did the puppy eyes that he knew I couldn't I resist and I huffed. 

"Fine! I'll give it a try," he smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He gave me the shoes and we both sat on benches and tied our shoes. Fitz finished before me and gave me a hand on the other shoe. After seeing what a sloppy job I did on the one that I was already tying, he helped me with that one as well. 

He helped me up and got on the ice. I immediately got scared and grabbed on the rail. While he flawlessly skated backwards, his hands behind his back. 

"Show off," I muttered. He skated over to me, stopping with a smile on his face. 

"Looks fun right?" I shook my head. 

"I don't remember anything," I said, looking at my feet. 

"You glide. You push off of one foot and glide with the other. Like this," he showed the glide and then came back to me. 

"Take one hand off the railing and try it." I hesitantly took a hand off and tried it. I stumbled but Fitz thankfully caught me. 

"Bend your knees, it'll help with you're balance," I tried it once again, doing somehow better than last time. 

"Try not to get your toe picks in the ice, that's how a lot people end up falling," he guided. I kept on doing a few more times getting the hang of it a bit more. 

"That's great, now let's do it off the railings," I looked at him like he was crazy. 

"Are you crazy?! Heck no!" he gently grabbed both my hands leading me a few feet away from the railing. 

"I'll be here grabbing your hand the whole time," I squeezed it tighter. 

"Promise?" he smiled softly, giving me a little nod. 

"Promise. Now remember push off of one foot, and then glide. But your knees have to be bent for good balance," instructed. We both did, making us go off at the same speed. We continued doing it and I actually kind of got the hang of it. 

"See you got it. Now I'm going to let go, all right?" before I could deny he let go of my hand. My heart raced as I skated but I didn't fall. I was actually doing this on my own. Fitz came up behind me, grabbing my hand. 

"I told you you'd get a hang of it," he encouraged.

"You're lucky you didn't end up like Keefe," I said. 

"Oh yeah, when he tried to get you back on the ice, you bit him," he remembered. 

"I didn't bite him," I denied.