Chapter 57 | Big Question

Magsimula sa umpisa

The slight set of the gentle sun has created a beautiful orange glow behind the already gorgeous setup. My lungs fill with the fresh air misting around the mystical garden.

It feels like time has stopped, and I am in a picture-perfect moment.

I notice Elise and all my other friends grouped together, smiling and shedding happy tears. I giggle at the sight of the football team and their stupid jerseys.

What is going on?

Then, I feel a tap on my shoulder and look to my left.

My heart skips a beat when I realize what Blake is doing.

He is getting down on one knee.

He is proposing to me.

I widen my eyes.

He pulls out a small box from the back pocket of his black pants, and I gasp at the beautiful diamond he reveals.

The football players catch my attention because they turn around, revealing the big question I thought I'd never see in my lifetime.

"Marry me?"

I blink a couple of times to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

"Brynne Marie Foster," Blake's shaky voice reveals his nervousness.

"You have made me the happiest man on the planet in the short time of a couple beautiful months. Every single waking moment that passes, my mind is thinking of you. Forget about time, forget about logic, forget about everything we know. I only know one thing for sure; you are my soulmate. You make my heart feel full, something it has never had the pleasure of being until I met you."

I feel a small tear shed from my eye and quickly wipe it while letting a wide smile fill my face.

Blake laughs through his silent sobs.

"Will you be my wife?"

A nod between happy tears is all I can emit at this exact moment, but Blake understands.

He'll always understand.

"Come here," He exasperates.

His strong arms lift me from the ground and spin me around, causing the both of us to laugh until we can't anymore.

The crowd claps, and my family is cheering. I even notice Blake's father amongst everyone, something that I know must mean the world to him. Despite their rocky relationship, Blake needs his father.

He needs to have someone when I'm gone. I don't think I could live with myself if I left him lonely in this world of pain.

A deep plunging feeling takes over my chest as I realize what Blake is asking me to do.

He's asking me to marry him.

To be his wife, forever to hold.

In sickness; and in health.

My cheeks grow red, and my breathing speeds up. Blake is going to be widowed once I die.

He will have not only lost his girlfriend to cancer.

No.

He will have lost his wife.

———————————————————————

"Do you like it?" Blake's playful voice breathes onto my bare head as he holds me in the familiar hospital bed. His fingers are tracing mine, accentuating the newly placed ring on my finger.