FGO - [Chapter 25] - The Approaching Storm

(POV - 3RD)

The guard unlocked the door to their temporary confinement room before shoving the young Master in and then slamming the lock back on and then returning the place to its usual silence.

"Fou!" The little beast cried out a greeting as Mash greeted them.

"Welcome back, Senpai. Thankfully you've met up with Fou on the way... somehow he's managed to hide out of sight out there." She added but only to see Ritsuka's expression.

"...Senpai? Is something wrong? Did the interrogation go badly?" Mash asked, concern lacing her face as she peered at the Master.

"No... it's more about Team A..." Ritsuka began, shaking his head as (Y/N) materialised back into existence, stretching as he listened in.

"Team A? Now that you mention it... I never did tell you about them, did I?" Mash answered before the Gamer interjected.

"From what I've heard from Koyanskaya, they're pretty much the top Master candidates chosen before the other candidates." Said (Y/N).

"Indeed, and with the Incineration of Humanity going on, we didn't had time to discuss about them but since they're about to be thawed out and we got nothing better to do... this seems to be the best time to tell you a little about them." Da Vinci stated as she cleared her throat.

"As (Y/N) had said, Team A refers to a group of A-ranked Masters handpicked by Chaldea and Mash was originally part of this team as well so first up: Kirschtaria Wodime."

"Ah, the man himself from the 'DAYBIT HELP' meme." (Y/N) thought quietly, amused slightly at the recollection as the female Caster continued.

"The chairman of the Animusphere-controlled Astromancy Department, one of the Clock Tower's twelve departments of study, and the official Team A leader. He's the head of the exceptionally distinguished Wodime family, whose name and magical circuits have both been around for thousands of years."

"Thousands of years..." Ritsuka muttered.

"He's also Marisbury's top pupil, and was rumored to be a better heir to the Lordship than Olga Marie." Da Vinci added as (Y/N) internally felt... pity.

"Imagine you're the child of an exceptional individual but instead of you inheriting what would be rightfully yours, the inheritance is given to another person but simply better than you."

As if hearing (Y/N)'s thoughts, Ritsuka blurted out a question.

"Wouldn't the inheritance normally end up with the actual heir?"

"Unfortunately, no. Sometimes in the Moonlit World, blood does not determine your rights to the inheritance but skills and abilities does." Da Vinci answered as (Y/N) spoke up.

"When you walk the life of a magus, you are not determined by your name but instead, you are judged by your worth as a mage and their efficiency in their own magecraft."

"Yep, with Wodime being Marisbury's top pupil as I said, he would have received the title of heir to the Lordship." Da Vinci emphasised and then continued on.

"He was expected to forge a contract with a Lancer. In terms of overall magecraft capability, he was head and shoulders above the rest. Anyway, next we have, ah."

"Ophelia Phamrsolone, the prodigy of the Evocation Department."

"If I recall correctly, she possessed a single special Mystic Eye, so she wore an eyepatch that really made her stand out, even here. She was expected to forge a contract with a Saber, but she seemed to be very particular about what sort of Heroic Spirits she would contract with."