11 ¦

Sunoo was sick. And he hated it.

Waking up with a stuffed nose, his brain pounding against the walls of his head, and his stomach making him want to throw up the whole time. Sometimes he asked himself if that's what pregnant women had to go through.

Sunoo didn't even have the energy to stand up and take some medicine, he was glad he was just able to grab his phone and call off work and school. That was at least something he was sure he wouldn't manage to do for the next couple of days.

It was around 2 PM of the next day when his doorbell suddenly rang. Sunoo at first thought he just imagined it, but as soon he heard some knocking as well, he quickly stood up and went to see who it might be.

Opening the door, he recognized two familiar faces standing before him, with smiles pasted on their faces.

Sunoo froze, it was kind of embarrassing to face them at this moment. He was still wearing his pyjamas, his face all swollen and his eyes red (he doesn't remember when the last time he hadn't cried in a day), his hair dirty and in need of treatment, and so many more things...

"Sunoo-Hyung!", Jungwon shouted, walking up to him and embracing the legs with his small figure.

An awkward chuckle left Sunoo's lips, not knowing how to react. Patting the younger's head, he looked up to the other, still facing him with a passionate smile.

"Hi," Sunghoon greeted, holding a bag with the other hand. "In case you're wondering how we got here, I allowed myself to use the address you sent me a while ago."

Oh yeah, they had exchanged addresses and phone numbers for emergency purposes. This didn't seem quite an emergency though.

"We thought to pass by and see how you were doing" he continued, Jungwon nodding beside him.

"Oh that's...nice, thank you" Sunoo stepped back and motioned the two to enter the messy apartment.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to clean up properly lately-"

"Oh we don't mind, don't worry", Sunghoon stepped in, placing the bag on a table, "Woonie and I would love to help you, hm?"

The two proceeded to clean up the kitchen and Jungwon gladly helped with whatever task he was given. The cleaning went from the kitchen to the dining room and the living room, just until Jungwon found something he had apparently seen before.

"Is that a piano?", he asked, his illuminated face glancing towards the two adults.

"Yes it is Woonie, but don't touch it okay" Sunghoon reminded and Jungwon sank his arms and tried to understand.

"Oh, he can play it, don't worry" Sunoo said as he peeked around the corner, walking to the instrument and opening the lid so that the numerous keys were on display.

A smile grew quickly on the younger's face and he stepped towards the stool that was pressed against the piano.

Sunoo picked up the boy and set it on the chair that he adjusted after at a proper height. Sitting next to Jungwon, he quickly explained the use of the keys.

"So on the left side, is where the low keys are, and on the right side is where the high notes are"

Jungwon nodded understanding and started to play all the possible keys with his fingers. "That's so cool!" he noted, a senseless melody echoing through the apartment.

Sunghoon smiled fondly, his heart always warmed up whenever his Jungwon was happy. Leaning against the wall, he watched Sunoo teaching easy things to his nephew.

Jungwon was a quick learner, and it almost looked like he had a thing for music. He hastily jumped from the chair and ran towards Sunghoon.

"Hoonie Hoonie, can we get a piano please?" his big doe eyes hoping for a positive answer. Sunghoon chuckled at the funny idea of getting a piano in their small apartment. But shaking his head he answered, "I'm sorry, but Paino is expensive Woonie."

Believe him, he would buy Jungwon the whole world if he could, but right now-

"Jungwon can come by whenever he wants to play it", Sunoo interrupted, the two glancing at him, "I mean, you too Hyung", he added shyly, making a smile spread on Sunghoon's lips.

The two men shared a long stare, a hidden lingering innocence and naivety between the two.