16- Before everything changes forever let me be yours pt.1

Tw: mention of blood, Elle being shot, Nathan being hospitalized 

The next morning, everything from the night before felt like a bad dream.

It should have ended when the two of you went to bed, but Spencer's nightmares had you both shaken up. You tried to comfort your boyfriend or at least make sense of his scared, unconscious rambles. But nothing helped. So instead, Spencer kept himself awake with a book, and you slept on his chest.

In obvious need of a break and with his hand injured, Spencer took a few days away from work. Aware this was a sensitive time, you asked him if he wanted to be alone, to debrief mentally, but Spencer objected. Asking you if you could stay with him at his apartment.

More than happy to know what has been going on inside that big brain, you stayed with Spencer.

"What are we thinking tonight, baby, Italian or Chinese?"

Spencer's phone rings, and you can already tell it's work. You look at Spencer, who's already up with his phone in his hands.

"You can choose." He says before pressing a kiss to your forehead. "I need to take this."

"I know." You give him a frown. "Chinese it is."

Spencer stepped away and picked up the call. Unsurprisingly, being a part of the FBI meant there were no real days off. Even from home, Spencer was helping his team on their current case.

With the food on the way, you set up Spencer's living room for movie night. First plates and utensils, then water and soda as drinks. You threw two blankets and pillows on his couch and added a few stuffed animals gifted from you. They were usually animals or historic figures, but Spencer adored them nonetheless.

Many minutes pass, and eventually Spencer returns to his living room and joins you on the couch. You're flipping through options on what to watch when he sits beside you. On instinct, you move into his lap and Spencer wraps his arms around you. He presses a kiss into the back of your head and settles his chin on your shoulder.

"I chose the food, do you wanna choose the movie?" You asked Spencer as you moved to a different streaming platform.

He shakes his head.

"Are you sure? I'm down for a penguin doc if you are. Oh! The one about the two gay dads is so cute. That or we can watch Happy feet."

Spencer squints his eyes curiously and smiles.

"Happy feet isn't a documentary, it's a movie." Spencer states the obvious, not sensing your joke.

It's cute how literally Spencer takes you, it makes for cute little moments like this.

"I know that, but I like watching those little guys dance. It's cute." you imitate dancing legs with your fingers. 

His smile grows.