"prison? what'd he do?" lori asked with wide eyes as lydia smiled uncomfortably.

"he tried to hurt me and my daughter." she replied, trying to keep it simple.

"oh," lori said in realisation. "well, i'm sorry for that. carl, give eden back to lydia now, hon." lori smiled lightly as lydia took eden and ruffled carl's hair before walking away to get breakfast.

"hey, lydia!" glenn called out as she took a bite out of the bacon and hurried over to the younger boy. "look at them. vultures." he said with a sigh, watching the group take away parts of the car. "yeah, go on, strip it clean."

lydia chuckled at him, shaking her head. "generators need every drop of fuel they can get." dale replied to him, "got no power without it, sorry glenn." he patted his back as glenn sighed.

"thought i'd get to drive it at least a few more days." glenn said sadly as lydia smiled at him, "maybe we'll steal another one someday." she shrugged as he smiled down at her with a nod.

"lydia?" rick called out as she turned around, he motioned for her to come over so she said goodbye to glenn and walked over to the man. "you okay?" she asked as amy and andrea shared a knowing smile.

"i've been thinking about the man we left behind." rick started as lydia raised a brow, understanding what he meant. "seriously?" she asked, slightly annoyed.

"are you asking me or telling me?" she asked once he didn't reply. he tilted his head with a small smile, "i'm asking." he said softly as she nodded.

"that's what i thought." she said as he chuckled at her, looking away. "well, i think it's fucking stupid." she shrugged, shaking her head at him.

"yeah, but—" before he could finish, shane drove into the campsite. "waters here, y'all." he called out as rick and lydia shared a look, "we'll talk later." she said sternly as he smirked lightly at her tone and nodded.

"mom! dad!" a scream could be heard from the woods as everyone widened their eyes and began to run to the woods to try and find carl, getting their weapons ready. "carl?!" lori screamed.

when they found him, he practically collapsed into ricks arms as lori and rick checked over him. "nothing bit or scratched you?" lori asked quickly as they gathered the rest of the kids up and rushed over to find where the noise came from.

it was a deer, and a walker feeding on it as lydia grimaced, getting her machete out slowly. it noticed they were all gathered around it and got up to run straight towards rick who luckily knocked him down with a plank of wood. shane then took a hit of it as they all began to beat it with their weapons, lydia staying back as she didn't want eden to get near it.

"it's the first one we've had up here." dale said quietly as lydia moved closer after knowing it was dead. "they never come this far up the mountain."

"well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what." jim said bitterly, wiping away the sweat from his forehead and putting his cap back on.

suddenly, a branch snapped behind lydia as she spun around and raised her machete, almost using it until she realised it was a man. he had short hair and was wearing a vest top with a cross bow in his hands. "nearly took my damn head off, woman." he snapped as she rolled her eyes. must be daryl.