017,

season two, episode two.
"bloodletting"

017. we ain't friends.

LYDIA TURNED around worriedly after hearing a gun shot faintly echoing through the woods. she looked over at the others who looked equally as worried.

"why one? why just one gunshot?" lori thought out loud.

daryl shrugged reassuringly, "maybe they took down a walker." he said, trying to get her to not worry.

"don't patronise me." lori snapped back as daryl sighed and lori continued, "you know rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker. or shane—they'd do it quietly."

"shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" carol spoke up as daryl tried not to roll his eyes, he just wanted to get back to where their vehicles were and think about the problem later.

"there is nothing we can do about it anyway. we can't run around these woods chasing echoes." lydia spoke up, a hand on her hip as she stopped walking along with the others.

"so what do we do, captain?" lori turned to her with a raised brow as lydia sent her a look, rolling her eyes.

"same as we've been. beat the bush for sophia and work out way back to the highway." daryl defended as lydia sent him a thankful nod.

"i'm sure they'll catch up with us back at the rv." andrea said as they began to start walking again.

andrea stayed to talk to carol, telling her she was sorry as they all stopped again as carol's eyes filled with tears. "the thought of her out here by herself...it's the not knowing that's killing me." carol whispered.

"i get you, carol. if that was eden i'd be the same and i wouldn't stop until i found her. that's what we are doing. daryl, rick and shane have been looking for her ever since she went missing. if she's out there, we will find her." lydia told carol with a reassuring smile as carol returned it.

"i just keep praying she doesn't end up like amy." carol said between small cries as lydia's jaw visibly dropped and she glanced at glenn and daryl who looked slightly stunned.

"oh, god. that's the worst thing i've ever said." carol hugged andrea who reassured her it was fine.

"we're all hoping and praying with you...for what it's worth." andrea replied awkwardly.

"i'll tell you what it's worth. not a damn thing. it's a waste of time all this hoping and praying. cause we're gonna locate that little girl, she's gonna be just fine. honestly, am i the only one zen around here?...good lord." daryl spoke up as lydia clapped sarcastically.