Ferne Forest.

Entering Ferne Forest the trio were met with dead trees covering the scolding sun and the stench of rotting flesh and death hit them like a train,unpleasant really,but if this is the way to survive then so be it.Venturing deeper into the forest flies surrounded them,"What the fuck"Elizabeth muttered her hand tightening around Leon's,"Wait what's that?"Oliver asked pointing to the tree trunk,approaching the trunk they quickly regretted it,there they saw a dead body,most of it's flesh was gone but the most haunting things were the eyes,eaten in,remnants of it revealing the nerves and what nots,scared Oliver backed away whilst Elizabeth looked down curiously,she recognised the body but where she was not sure and that is when she spotted a name tag half buried in the dirt,pulling it out she gasped,it was her father,Clive Clearwater,but she didn't grieve but instead simply said "Deserved you old bastard" and threw it down walking away."Mummy who was that?"Leon asked,shaking from fear,"Clive a man I knew many moons ago,never liked him though".

Walking away from the body,Elizabeth took Oliver and pulled him close to her side saying "Well then Mr Greenvine I have a question,if the angel danced amongst the demons which side would you pick?",Oliver looked up to Elizabeth shocked,he knew what she had said he replied,"I would much rather dance amongst the demons than angels as afterall it is the angels that were responsible for a downfall so dire",Elizabeth smirked but before she could say anything Leon asked "What are you on about?",before she could reply however an infected woman jumped out at them,quickly grabbing her gun Elizabeth shot her breathing a breath of relief,"There things will kill us by heart failure not bites"Oliver gasped out causing an eruption of laughter,"God boy if it's not my son it's you,funny".

Journeying deeper into the forest,the trio were met with many dead bodies and carcases of different animals,it disgusted them to no end,instilling fear into them,almost telling them that if this forest was not their fate the other side certainly will be,"When I was fifteen my mother and I went prom dress shopping since at the end of year eleven you have a prom,anyway,I was trying on the dresses and I found this gorgeous red one and we picked it out,funnily enough it had a note on the inside saying 'Can I be your prom?-your admirer',turned out it was your father,asking me out"Elizabeth explained,Oliver hummed,they were exhausted,understandably so,"Right i don't know about you but i'm knackered so why don't we camp round here"Elizabeth pointed to the small patch of grass that was accompanied by a tree shading the area,sitting down,Elizabeth opened her bag and popped open a can of near expired corn,taking a small handful of it and passed it on to Oliver and Leon,"What does the house you were raised in look like?"Oliver asked, munching on some of the corn,"A dream house really four bedrooms,two bathrooms a kitchen , livingroom,dining room and of course that white picket fence,mother said it was worth it but really I just think it's ridiculous,I don't want to live in a stereotypical American dream house,me i'd rather live in a seventeenth century house".

Many conversations later the trio fell asleep,however sleep didn't remain long for Elizabeth as she woke an hour later,rushing behind the tree Elizabeth vomited up blood and phlegm,her complexions slowly turning pale,unlike her brothers transformation which was quick and easy for him,hers would be torturous for she only had one bite and that would take upto three days before she would finally turn,but she couldn't wallow in her melancholy and pity for long as Leon asked "Mummy are you ok?",turning around she saw her sons teary,concerned eyes, sighing Elizabeth replied "I'm fine sweetie just a bit ill",with those words Leon rushed to his mother and hugged her,hugging back the two shared an intimate moment between mother and son something they hadn't been able to do in a while.