Chapter 22: Anger

Start bij het begin

Zack sat down on the bed next to me. He didn't say anything for a while, he just held me and let me cry in his arms.

"I think Justin planned this rather well. It seems even in his death, he still manages to make Hunter suffer. I swear if I could I'd bring him back to life and kill him over and over again" Zack stated.

"Zack what do we do, his memories are all jumbled up, he actually believes that the two of us were cheating on him, what do we do if he wakes up and pushes me away like before," I asked.

He held me tightly.

"Don't say that, don't think about such stuff right now" he whispered.

We stayed there in the room for a while longer, Hunter was still asleep but thankfully he didn't seem to be in pain like earlier.

Time flew by just like that, it was dark out, and Sky managed to convince me to leave the room and help her make some dinner.

"How are things back in your hometown, did your visit to your sister go smoothly," Skylar asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I had been staring at a wall for a while.

"Uh, that town is cursed. Something bad always seems to happen when I'm there" I confessed.

She started cutting up some vegetables using the chopping board, slowly. She glanced at me.

"Did something happen Amanda?" she asked.

"Not practically bad, say Are you and your parents close," I asked.

"Yes, we're not attached by the hip close but we are pretty close. Why do you ask" She replied.

"Hypothetically speaking if you got blamed for something you didn't do and got humiliated very badly by those people and later was found in a situation where they really need help, would you lend them a hand or just walk away," I asked.

Even though I was questioning her, I already made a move. That day before I came back to the island I went to visit my parents to say goodbye. I seriously don't know what compelled me to make that move but I did it, even though Mandie escorted me there I was still very scared.

Their living conditions were truly heartbreaking. Even though they threw me into the streets and dishonored me, they unfortunately were still my parents, and seeing them in that pitful state made me forget everything they did to me.

I was in a hurry to leave but my conscious couldn't let me leave them like that, so I left them money for food and a plane ticket, my father required immediate medical attention, that is why I wanted them to meet a skilled doctor there. for the time being, they would move into the house I was staying at before I moved in with Zack years back.

"Well it depends on the situation, if it were a medical dilemma of course as a doctor I have medical ethics I have to follow, no matter who they are if they need help I have to assist but in general it would depend on the situation, if they regret what they did and honestly apologize I would consider" she replied.

I smiled.

'Medical ethics?'

"Skylar you said you like Zack, right? Have you told him about your feelings yet" I asked.

She paused then slowly nodded.

"But I got turned down, he thinks if I got to know him better my opinion of him would change but I think he's just very hurt over his previous break up" she stated.

"He's right you know, there is more to Zack than he lets on" I advised.

"What is up with everyone saying that, I thought you of all people would understand me-"