As the clock hit 10am I made my way to the front door, to turn the sign from closed to open. Taking a deep breath, I began to make my way back towards the counter, I had only taken a few steps until that familiar "ding" again. Spinning around on my heels, I was greeted by the all too familiar faces of my mum, brother, stepdad, auntie, and my three cousins Louise, Anthony, and Caitlin.

"SURPRISE!" They all shouted in unison.

"Of course we had to make sure we were your first customer's Mel, you know we will always be your biggest supporters" My mum stated as she beamed from ear to ear, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Take a seat at the table over there" I pointed towards the large table by the window, "Jade will be over in a sec to take your orders." I smiled, trying to hold back the tears of happiness.

My family stayed for a few hours, sat in the same seats laughing and joking with one another as they consumed plenty of drinks and goodies. The morning and had gone by extremely quick, and to be honest it was a success. We had familiar faces of friends and family of Jade's who visited the shop, complimenting us both on the cakes and the drinks we had to offer, along with some new faces which had stubbled across the shop as they spent their day in the town centre.

As the day was beginning to come to an end, Jade was out the front cleaning down the remainder of the tables whilst I was in the back cleaning some dirty dishes. We were half an hour away before closing and were just preparing the shop ahead of the day tomorrow.

Just as I exited the kitchen back into the front of the shop, a group of 4 girls entered.

"Hey, are you still open?" One of the girls questioned, looking in Jade's direction.

"I'm so sorry, we're just about to close" Jade responded, offering a deep apology to the girls.

"It's okay Jade, you can get off now, girl's take a seat and I'll come over and take your orders." I smiled, giving a subtle nod to Jade to let her know she didn't need to stay any later.

"Are you sure? We don't want to cause any inconvenience." The same girl that had spoken to Jade now questioned, looking in my direction.

"Of course, please take a seat it'll be my pleasure. It wouldn't be much of an opening now would it if I began to turn customer's away already" I giggled as I showed the girls to their table.

Shortly after Jade had left I grabbed the notepad and pen and made my way to the tables where the four girls sat.

"Right then girls, what can I get for you?" I asked whilst offering a gentle smile.

One of the girls, who had dark brown hair and big blue eyes turned to face me before beginning to speak in a thick Irish accent "Can we please have one americano, 2 lattes and a cappuccino please? Oh, Beth do you want to share some red velvet cake?" Her eyes now turned to the blonde sat facing her.

"I don't think Jonas will be too happy, but yeah go on then" She chuckled before nodding in my direction.

"No problem, I'll bring it over for you in a few minutes." I advised before returning to counter.

As I was stood preparing the drinks and humming along to the radio I was in a complete world of my own. I hadn't even noticed the presence of another girl who had seemed to enter the shop was stood on the other side of the counter, attempting to get my attention.

"Aa-hem"

The sudden noise caused me to jump slightly before frantically turning round to be greeted by the sparkling blue eyes of the tall blonde stood in front of me.

"Oh - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" the blonde nervously spoke as she must have realised I had no idea she was stood there.

"No, no don't be silly I'm sorry, I didn't hear the bell go." I smiled as my hear beat was still rapidly beating in my chest.

"My friend's over there have said thy have just ordered, I was just wondering if I could add too it please?" I felt as though her eyes were piercing straight through to my soul. As I stood in a daze taking in her appearance and how she looked effortlessly beautiful. Her hair was up in a high slick pony, which fell down her back. Wearing a pair of grey Nike shorts and a matching white t-shirt. I hadn't realised I hadn't answered her question until the tall blonde spoke again.

"I mean, it's okay if not. It's my own fault for turning up late." She muttered as her eyes now diverted to her hands which were resting on top of the counter.

Taking myself out of my daze I scrambled to get the words to leave my mouth, instead they were blurted abruptly. "NO! I mean no, course not. What would you like?"

"Just a hot chocolate please"

"Yeah of course no problem, do you want whipped cream and marsh mellows on top?" I questioned.

"Ooo yes please, that's the best part" the blonde laughed as she said this. Her smile was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. It had the ability to light up the whole room.

"I'll bring it over for you when I finish making the rest of the order" I stuttered before the blonde offered one last gentle smile before she returned to the table with her friends.

Smooth Mel, real smooth. What the hell was that. I thought to myself.

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as being confident, but I wasn't shy either. Nobody had ever had that effect on me, especially from a first encounter.

Pushing the humility, I was currently feeling to the back of my head, I finished making the order and headed over to the girls. After handed the coffee's to the original full girls I turned to face the blonde, our eyes now met one another's once again.

"And a hot chocolate for you with whipped cream and extra marsh mellows" I smiled, just as she whispered a thank you, I scurried off to the kitchen before I embarrass myself any further.

We can only learn to love by lovingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara