Love At First Sight

Seokjin leaned against the book shelf as he flipped through the pages of the novel that Namjoon had recommended him to read. With all honesty, he loved Namjoon, no doubt, but his best friend's choice of books sometimes made him judge the man. Sighing in utter boredom, Seokjin slid the book back in between the others and was about to leave when the shelf rattled slightly. Seokjin looked up, and to his horror, a rain of books poured on him, knocking him to the ground.

"Oh my God, are you alright?"

Groaning because of the throb at the back of his head, Seokjin allowed the a pair of warm hands to lift him to his feet. Seokjin blinked a couple of times to get rid of the black spots dancing infront of his vision before attempting to glare at the stranger who was most likely the culprit behind the avalanche. However, he found himself at the loss of words when he laid his eyes on the man.

"I'm really sorry for this, I didn't realize there wasn't any more space behind so I just kept stuffing more and more books because the other shelves are all occupied and my manager wanted the job done by-"

Whatever the man was rambling, it all flew over Seokjin's head as he was more focused on how deep and velvety his voice sounded, how his dark orbs glistened with genuine guilt, how his slender hands moved desperately as he tried to explain himself, how the sleeves of his work uniform was rolled up to display his veiny arms and how he had exactly three moles on his face, each of which Seokjin wanted to kiss.

Hold it, Seokjin

Seokjin snapped back to reality after the last, absolutely absurd thought.

"Oh! Um..." he wanted to bang his head on the shelf when he realized the honey-skinned man with silky brown locks and a cute- focus Seokjin!- had finished speaking and was waiting for a response.

"Well..." Seokjin looked around for words when an idea flickered in his mind.

"I'll repay you any amount, just please don't complain to my manager," the man pleaded, eyes glanicng at the side as if to check if said manager was present.

Gosh, did Seokjin want to bubblewrap him.

"Yes, I want a repay..." Seokjin began.

The man rummaged through his pant pockets to fish out a wallet but Seokjin stopped him before he could pull out money.

"...by taking me out," Seokjin ended, biting his lips to suppress his smile when the man's eyes widened.

"I mean if you're single," Seokjin provided hurriedly.

The man looked at his shoes shyly, a visible blush dusting the bridge of his nose, and replied, "My shift ends in fifteen minutes."

"Great," Seokjin grinned and bent down to pick up the books.

The man, whose name Seokjin had yet to discover, tried to refuse help but Seokjin was adamant. After about ten minutes, the pair had succesfully arranged all the fallen books on the top shelf without any of them toppling down.

Seokjin waited outiside as the stranger changed back to his casual attire. When the man stepped out in jeans and a blue flannel shirt, the butterflies inside Seokjin's stomach began to go haywire.

"I'm Taehyung," the man introduced himself.

"Jin," Seokjin replied, rather bashfully because Taehyung no longer seemed timid now that he was outside his workplace.

"Jin," the way his name rolled off Taehyung's tongue, made Seokjin want to melt.

"Let's go?" Taehyung offered his elbow.

With his cheeks bunching up in a smile, Seokjin wrapped his hand around Taehyung's arm, and they began to amble forward aimlessly through the busy streets of Seoul, Seokjin completely forgetting about Yoongi whom he had left sleeping at one of the tables of the library.