Rigor Samsa

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This story was requested by anonymous
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Prince/Servant AU

"TaeTae you're such a handsome prince!" A ten years old Seokjin exclaimed while clapping his little hands in mirth as he watched his friend.

"Really, hyungie? You really, really mean it?" An eight years old Taehyung asked with big, glimmering eyes as he looked up at his friend for confirmation that he indeed was a handsome prince.

Seokjin nodded with a smile, proudly enjoying how royal his companion looked in his rich garments and gold crown. In fact, he was so pleased to see Taehyung in his clothes that he wanted the boy to wear it everyday.

In Seokjin's eyes, Taehyung had always been a prince even though he was the orphaned son of the King's best knight. Ever since his father provided shelter to Taehyung in the palace, but with the condition of serving them, Seokjin had made it his goal to make the boy his dearest friend as he, despite being a prince, had no peers.

Seokjin had not always been close to Taehyung. To be very honest, during the first few weeks of Taehyung's arrival, Seokjin disregarded the boy, dismissing his presence as he assumed that he too was there only for the King's wealth. However, his views on the scrawny boy with a strange smile changed on the night when his father prohibited the cooks from serving Seokjin any sort of food as he did not do well in his geography assignment. Somehow, Taehyung had heard about the mistreatment and secretly visited Seokjin's chambers to share his dinner with the starved prince. Seokjin was astounded at the fact that Taehyung, whose meal only consisted of a small loaf of bread, a few pieces of burnt meat and carrots, having so little to fill his stomach, was willingly to give a portion of his food to him. The prince was moved to tears at the boy's compassion.

On that very night where they shared burnt food and whispered words, Seokjin made a silent resolution to himself that he would become Taehyung's pillar and anchor.

Seokjin embraced his friend from behind, causing the latter to giggle at the display of affection. Taehyung squirmed in Seokjin's arms as the prince's fingers decided to be playful and tickled his sensitive tummy. Taehyung, in an attempt to escape the mini torment, tried to pry Seokjin off him by flailing his arms but accidently hit Seokjin's little nose.

"Ouchie~" Seokjin feigned getting hurt badly and sat down on the carpet with his back on Taehyung. He smiled to himself mischievously, knowing very well that Taehyung always fell for his staging.

"Hyungie? Did I hurt you a lot?" Seokjin held in a giggle at Taehyung's concerned tone.

"Yes, TaeTae. I think my nose is bleeding," Seokjin lied.

"Oh no, let me see. I'm so sorry, hyungie," Taehyung said, his voice gurgling a bit which indicated that he was close to crying.

Taehyung kneeled down infront of him, careful not to tear the delicate material of the garment he sported, and cupped Seokjin's face that had a pout on.

"Let me kiss it better," Taehyung said before pecking Seokjin's nose, drawing a mellow smile from the older.

Seokjin was about to ask for another kiss with the excuse of his nose still hurting when the Great Gong of the palace resounded nine times, signaling Seokjin's curfew.

"Welp, hyungie, it's time to sleep," Taehyung said, standing up.

Seokjin watched his friend discard the expensive articles of clothing, revealing his battered clothes underneath. Taehyung never accepted more than three sets of new clothes each year despite having the job of an errand boy and stable boy. Seokjin honestly wanted to gift his every single possession to the boy but Taehyung would always laugh and say how his love was enough for him.